Phoning my mum at work

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4048 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

She just called me she's mortified! I don't want to call them apart from the fact I have the flu I know it's better to keep communication in writing. Can anyone give me the right email address for them and a link to a do not contact at work letter?

Thanks

She just called me she's mortified! I don't want to call them apart from the fact I have the flu I know it's better to keep communication in writing. Can anyone give me the right email address for them and a link to a do not contact at work letter?

Thanks

More details needed if wanting help....

Sorry I've got the flu and don't know wether I'm coming or going! I don't really have any details. They left a message with reception asking for her to call them. I have no idea what debt it relates to, this is the first time I've ever heard of them.

Sorry I've got the flu and don't know wether I'm coming or going! I don't really have any details. They left a message with reception asking for her to call them. I have no idea what debt it relates to, this is the first time I've ever heard of them.

Hello there.

I think you need to tell us who 'them' is please. Do you have another thread that this question relates to?

My best, HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

So MMF phoned your mum at work. I assume that the alledged debt would be your mums and not yours or do you work at the same place and the phone call was for you?

From my experience MMF are a bunch of jokers who do not answer emails etc so although it goes against everything I believe it may be worth calling them to clarify what the matter is about . If it is about something you owe, then tell them all communication must be written

Ok thanks, I know I'm not being clear here I'm sorry. Ok they called mum at work and she called me to ask if I knew who they were as she gets very embarrassed being called at work by debt collectors. I deal with her debts and the dca, but never normally phone.. Haven't dealt with this lot before and have received no letters just don't want them calling her at work because she gets into trouble as she's not allowed phone calls

Well you need to establish what the debt is for then get a letter of authority sent along with a do not telephone me letter. I would remind them (in a nice way) that if they do phone your mum at work or fail to deal with you that you will be reporting them to the OFT under the fitness to hold a licence as well as logging a formal complaint with the FOS.

Hope that helps

Hi

Well well well these idiots MMF at it again.

They have two Chief Executives - Mr Neil Anthony Petty (email - [email protected]) and a Mr Barnaby Page

Motormile Finance UK Ltd

322 Harrogate Road

Bradford

BD2 3TB

Tel: 0844 7709583 or 08447709584

Fax: 08447709647

Web: www.mmile.com

Hope this is of some use.

Also calling these idiots will not stop the calls at all you need to write to them (Always get proof of posting and keep a good paper trail) as these idiots will deny anything that is agreed to during a phone call.

Have they recieved any letter from idiots MMF or is it just phonecalls.

Edited by stu007

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

I was not suggesting any discussions, just to try and find out what this is about. From there you can write to them either saying bog off it's not mine or as i suggested letter of authority etc etc.

If they gave any details about the nature of the call other than a personal financial matter then complain complain complain

According to their website its Protection House 83 Bradford Rd Leeds and you can send your letter for free as their is a freepost address

The Bradford address was a historic address I have just checked the public register

Address Type Address

Correspondence Protection House, 83, Bradford Road, Leeds, West Yorkshire, LS28 6AT, United Kingdom

Principal Place Of Business Protection House, 83, Bradford Road, Leedsd, West Yorkshire, LS28 6AT, United Kingdom

Registered Office Sanderson House, Station Road, Horsforth, Leeds, West Yorkshire, LS18 5NT

Historic Address(es):

Address Type Address

Correspondence 322, Harrogate Road, BRADFORD, West Yorkshire, BD2 3TB, United Kingdom

Principal Place Of Business 322, Harrogate Road, BRADFORD, West Yorkshire, BD2 3TB, United Kingdom

Edited by Jimmy99

Hi

@ Jimmy99 I was not saying you were incorrect at all but just advising that phoning these idiots will get no where as they will try their best to get the Op if not used to dealing with these thing to admit the debt so if it did come over like that please accept my apologies.

Thank you for pointing out the contact detail as these are one of the addresses that they use but the Chief Executive are based at:

Motormile Finance UK Ltd

Head Office and Accounts

Protection House

83 Bradford Road

Leeds

LS28 6AT

Tel: 0844 7709583 or 0844 7709584

Fax: 0844 7709647

Also please remember with the Freepost you must always get proof of posting from post office as they can as its a freepost address deny recieving anything that you send them but if you have proof of posting they cant

Please remember that the onus is on Motormile to provide proof that you own any debt not for you the OP to provide them.

Please have a look at CAGs Library as their are templete letters their which may help and importantly never admited to them liability for any debt get them to provide proof as it may even be statue barred.

Edited by stu007

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Feeling a bit better today , sorry for being so confusing yesterday but this flu has knocked me off my feet. Ok I have dealt with loans of dca,s before and always thought the golden rule was never speak to them on the phone however I do not want them calling my mother at work again. Will telephoning them and telling them to dissist make any difference or does it need to be done but letter? Also I don't know what deal it's relating to. Mum has quite a few. I have power of attorney over my mums affairs so I can deal with things on her behalf.

Right I couldn't take it so I called them. Spoke to quite a nice man actually who said that there was a do not contact at work marked on her file. Asked him politely to make sure she wasn't contacted again and everything must be put in writing. He said there was a letter in the post which I told him was fine ill have a look at it when it comes. Sorted for the min. :)