peacheylesley

Accused of allegedly stealing from ex ll

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2476 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi everyone, my ex ll had me arrested before christmas for allegedly stealing

the washing machine and cooker from the property i was renting. I was interviewed regarding this and subsecuently charged. I am due in magistrates court next monday. I did not steal anything from him i had only just come out of

hospital 3 weeks before having had major abdominal surgery. I also left most of my large furniture plus my tumble dryer in the property as i had no one to help me move and also i have everything i need in my new property. I dont know which way

to turn as i moved out on 16h november and the bailiffs went in on 20th. They said that the property had not been broken into so i had to have taken them . They were both broken anyway and i would not have even thought about it. Can anyone help me out with what to do . I am on benefits and cannot afford a solicitor i also thought that he would have to prove that i actually did it.

if you are benefits, you will get aid, as this is a criminal offence. Contact a local solicitor. or a court solicitor will be appointed for you.

Whether you 'stole' the LLs property is irelevent IMO

If the goods were listed on move in inventory, at not recorded on move out, then T is liable to explain loss that occured during T, even if in hospital. Property security is Ts resp.

Being charged with theft means CPS feels OP has a case to answer.

Will i be able to ask to speak to a court solicitor on monday when i get there.

I really did not steal anything from the ex ll, i moved out on the friday and the

bailiffs were due on the following tuesday. Everything was there when i moved out including most of my large furniture and my tumble dryer which i could not take as i had no one to move me and my flat where i am now living is mostly furnished with everything i need, it also belongs to a family friend who has gone away travelling and left me with their flat, so why would i even be bothered with it. The ll said the property had not been broken into so it had to be me. I told the police exactly what happened and once i had moved out, which i could not wait to do, i forgot about it and could not believe it when they knocked on my door and told me what they were doing there. I dont know how i am supposed to prove that i didnt take it but on the other hand the ex ll has to prove that i did.