rennies

Car Leasing unable to make payments

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2476 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Does anyone know what happens if I am unable to make car lease payments? I have about 16 months left of a 3 year lease. Husband has left, financially struggling (to put it mildly). I cannot transfer the lease and the cost for early redemtion is about 3.5k. Any advice on any options much appreciated.

You should write to them immediately and explain your situation. Ask what arrangement they are willing to accept. Send it by Recorded delivery.

Any chance of an overdraft, banks are easier to handle if you default, you don't have anything material they can come and get.

Do you know what worst case scenario could be? Would/could they take me to court?

Worse case scenario is of course them going to court for a ccj. That £3,500 you quote won't be the end of it. If you did pay that and return the car, you can bet your life there will be a big bill for damage to the car.

You really should get in first and tell them and see what they suggest.