Take littlewoods to court

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4121 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I need advise in taking littleswoods to court over a computer that I broughtfor my son, now 17 months ago also my son helped by putting his savings to thiscomputer some £325 pounds of his own money, the computer packed up last Februaryand was still in warranty, when I phoned littlewoods they give me a number for AcerI phoned them and they said that the computer was not sold by littlewoods andhad no listing for it funny? so I phoned littlewoods again after long conversationthey said we don’t take computers back they have to go back to the manufacturer,so jump forward many months and many phone calls to June Acer finely said oksend it to us and we will fix it 2 weeks later computer comes back unfixed Acerhave no record of it, jump forward to august lots of phone calls littlewoods don’twant to no

And will not take computer back. For the last 6 months I said ok no fix nomoney so littlewoods put charges on my account every month now standing at£162.00 in charges also they have sent my account to outside collection agencywhich are threatening to take me to court and default my credit file so i give inand now have a payment plan with them, so where do I stand iam left with acomputer that’s out of wanrenty, and out of pocket. i want to get my and my sons money back the charges they have put on my account and all the phone calls that i made to them which total up to about 6 hours on the phone. Help Please?

Kind Regards

David

Edited by Conniff

Hello David, Welcome to CAG,

You need to raise a FORMAL COMPLAINT with Littlewoods and report them to trading standards they are responsible for selling the faulty item.

Phone calls to customer (dis) service at tha catalogue companies is pointless as you can never get to aperson with authority to make a decision.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

You must do this all again by recorded delivery letter.

Send Littlewoods a letter explaining what has happened and request they collect it for repair. You can also add that if they don't respond to you satisfactorily, you 'will' take further action which will include a claim for damages.

As this has been going on for some considerable time, head this letter in bold 'Letter Before Action', there should be no need for any protocol.

If they don't respond how you want, you take you pick of how to move forward.

Taking it to a local shop for repair and then passing the bill to Littlewoods but you must warn them you are going to do this before you do it.

You will have to pay at the shop, but claim that back along with court fees and other out of pocket expenses.

Just to repeat, send all mail by recorded delivery and if you want, give them say 10 days to respond.

You can even do it on line and very little cost - https://www.moneyclaim.gov.uk/web/mcol/welcome