• Tweets

• I wonder if anyone can help me. I had a loan with a high street bank from about 10 years ago and I had to stop paying because I lost my job. I reduced my payment to a token payment for a few years but I then ceased this some years ago because I took some advice from an online forum which said that I should ask a ‘Subject Access Report’. I did this and I also asked for a copy of the contract with both signatures which highlighted that myself and the bank had a contract and what its terms were. As the loan was made up of an overdraft and a formal loan I thought they would have paperwork. However, eventually the bank responded by saying that they had no contract and they admitted that as such it was not enforceable in court. Over the last year, the bank have again appointed Moorcroft Debt Recovery Limited to use their strongarm tactics. I have not been responding to the last couple of letters asking me to contact them to arrange a payment plan and now their letters are becoming more threatening. Here is the text of their latest letter……. Quote   We are aware that you have failed to agree an affordable repayment plan with us concerning the above account.   As no agreement has been reached we are now in the process of reviewing your account to consider the steps which may be taken in relation to further debt recovery action. The options include recommending one of the following:   ·         1. Continue in our attempts to contact you by letter and phone. ·         2. Instruct a local representative to arrange to call at your home address to try to re-establish contact with you.   To prevent possible further action you must contact us. Failure to contact us by the 22/10/19 will result in one of the aforementioned debt recovery actions being undertaken without further notice.  Unquote As you can see, they are now getting more threatening. I really do not want people knocking at my door – does anyone have any ideas as to what I can do to sort this situation? I do not want to pay for something that seems unenforceable but I do not want knocks at my door either. Any help would be appreciated.   Kind regards    
    • Yes it was a tomlin/consent order I have a recent statement its not showing any additional charges on it. The statement does not show the balance to pay each month, as the contract was terminated in March 17 and the termination bill was added to the account so my payments reduce the account balance £14262.38  Capital £6995.00 Interest £7213.38 Plus 3 x £18 charges  I presume if it went to court again I would be notified?    I thought court costs and charges could increase a balance owing but not be included in arrears or court proceedings when listing the amount owing, or am I wrong?    
    • Check to see if they are adding monthly charges inflating arrears as per DX.
    • .So I’ve been at the flat for a number of years , you had to be a certain age back then, now all ages and couples with young babies get put here , first floor , no garden not a good area not so bad either .   ive just had a letter to say I’ve been taken off the list to transfer to a more appropriate home ,  no notice just taken off, council are saying my age group no longer qualify.. I spoke to equality and human rights council they suggested I complain siting The Public Sector Equality Act 2010. ( The General Duty and Specific Duty)  relating to age discrimination.      But I’ve also come across this in LAW Quarterly online Mag.    LHA’s allocation scheme suspending applicant’s ability to bid (R (Alemi) v Westminster City Council) The High Court has held that Westminster City Council’s allocation scheme suspending certain applicants from bidding for social housing for 12 months breached section 166A(3) of the HA 1996 (setting out which groups of people should be given reasonable preference when allocating housing).   Interesting i thought?               
    • so you've had a notice of assignment then?   if so that's rare for nasty west to sell it on they typically litigate themselves so I bet the debt is vastly inflated with penalty charges and the interest they attract.   i'd be sending NW an sar get all the statements. then go thru them with a fine toothed comb.   could be £1000's to reclaim....   pers i'd stop paying   what was the original debt amount and what is outstanding now a bit more info on the history please   dx    
  • Our picks

A. Testa

Kwik Fit Full service??? bad idea help!

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2402 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hello,

i woudl like to know ifthe correct email address of kwik fit?

the 28th of December 2012 I had the bad idea to bring my car to a Kwik fit garage in Uxbridge for a full service paying 226.95

The car - a Peugeot 3008 1.6 (mileage 4584) bought in 2011 - was perfect! the full service also included unfortunately for me a check on the car' lights .

Yesterday I used my car after the holidays and to my astonishment the lights of the car did not work anymore and I was on the a very dark street risking my life!!

As the car was perfect and it is new and did not have any problems before the 'service'!!

Now i cannot use my car:-x

Take it back there and ask them who did what. It may be completely unrelated unless you drove out of there in darkness and the lights were not working at the time. If all the lights are duff then the fuse is most likely. They should make good as a matter of courtesy. I am also puzzled why you would take a car of that age and mileage to Kwick Fit rather than the dealership for its (normally) free warranty service with such a low mileage. You couls also ring Peugeot and ask them to sort it out under warranty.

I am also puzzled why you would take a car of that age and mileage to Kwick Fit rather than the dealership for its (normally) free warranty service with such a low mileage. You couls also ring Peugeot and ask them to sort it out under warranty.

Please enlighten us as to which dealerships do free warranty service. ( They do free repairs for faults covered by warranty but certainly not service.)

I can understand going for service to places other than dealerships due to their excessive charges. My first year service would have cost £186.00 + Vat at the dealership, £90.00 at my regular garage.

This post is certainly not a recommendation to go to kwik Fit as they are sales orientated.

PUTTING IT IN WRITING & KEEPING COPIES IS A MUST FOR SUCCESS

Why on earth would anyone take a car to Kwik Fit unless perhaps for tyres????????/

To be honest, knowing what new PSA group cars are like, its probably the switch itself. Have you any more details on the fault? Saying that their check on the cars "Lights" isn't very indicative. If they took each bulb out and checked it, I'd be inclined to say there was a small chance it was their doing. Remember, they're a tyres and exhaust centre... They'll make no money out of unplugging wires and making your lights U/S...

Do ANY of the following work?

Dashboard illumination?

Green warning light on instrument panel?

Side Lights?

Tail Lights?

Head Lights?

Full Beam?

Front/Rear Fog lights?

Could be a coincidence, and please bare in mind I'm never the first to recommend ANY fast fit centre as I've had shoddy experiences with them even checking my tyre pressures, let alone changing one...

On a side note, be wary that a Kwik Fit Full Service isn't much compared to taking it to a dealer. K/F will only do oil, filter, air filter (Maybe) and check everything else. Peugeot would probably take on car/engine specific tasks such as (I know not done now) draining the water from the fuel filter and the like.

Hope you get it fixed, but it sounds like a dealer issue. Take it back to Pug and don't mention it's "Service" at K/F unless asked.

Hello,

i woudl like to know ifthe correct email address of kwik fit?

the 28th of December 2012 I had the bad idea to bring my car to a Kwik fit garage in Uxbridge for a full service paying 226.95

The car - a Peugeot 3008 1.6 (mileage 4584) bought in 2011 - was perfect! the full service also included unfortunately for me a check on the car' lights .

Yesterday I used my car after the holidays and to my astonishment the lights of the car did not work anymore and I was on the a very dark street risking my life!!

As the car was perfect and it is new and did not have any problems before the 'service'!!

Now i cannot use my car:-x

Hi there,

I work for Kwik Fit customer services team and spotted your comment on the forum.

You can send it to me at kwikfitwebcare@kwik-fit.com.

Kind regards,

Andy

So you've not had cause to use your lights in the 10 days between the service and your post?

I have used my local Kwik Fit in Altrincham for 2 years and apart from failing to re-connect the screenwash pipe after a service/MoT, which was simple for me to fix in 10 seconds, they have serviced my cars far more efficiently, and far cheaper, than other independent BMW/Alfa garages.

Nothing but good customer service with Kwik Fit, they always phone me and ask permission to fit anything which they say is worn/dangerous. A good example was a steady arm on the BMW, which was worn out - ten year old car - and was spotted when the front tyres were replaced. Old parts available for me to inspect.

My advice to people is that unless you have bought a nearly new car, don't bother going to franchised dealers unless you are prepared to pay a large amount of money in servicing and parts. Once a vehicle is older than say 5 years, the value of having a full dealer stamped book is debatable - some mint condition used cars are worth peanuts now; a BMW 5 series 2.5 petrol is a good example, as it drinks fuel at 25-30mpg. Two/three grand in cash buys a used one privately, but brace yourself for the running/repair costs. Which are huge. A battery for a 5 series is £110.

It's also worth saying, that after 20 years of motorcycle/car journalism experience, some people ride/drive like complete pillocks and wreck their vehicles. They are then usually the first to cry like babies when dealers won't fix them for free. Equally, some dealers are [problematic] who view the service department as an ATM machine and encourage sales staff to swindle customers at every opportunity.

General tips;

NEVER buy an aftermarket warranty, they are utterly useless; spend the money on having your car serviced by a garage that employs trained, experienced mechanics.

Do not buy a diesel if you are mainly commuting in town, it will break down. It will be expensive to fix.

Most dealer finance plans mean you are in debt forever due to the `balloon' system - when it's PX time, you still owe money. Borrow from a bank, or a relative.

If you buy trade or private always take the view that in reality, you have very little comeback unless you want to waste half your life writing letters, making phone calls, or paying county court fees to get useless judgements that dodgy traders simply laugh at. Inspect the car, test drive it. If you don't know what your doing get a trained mechanic to look at it.

Always take the view that 40% - 50% of all vehicle service histories are a pack of lies. Look at the car, look at the owner - does the owner look like they could afford to run this car?

Any car will cost you about 1500-2000 a year to own, whether you buy new and pay finance plus take a depreciation hit, or buy a banger and scrap it after 1-2 years. If you can't afford 2K a year for personal transport, buy a bicycle or take the bus.

Why on earth would anyone take a car to Kwik Fit unless perhaps for tyres????????/

And they (Kwik-Fit) can't even do that without damaging something such as bodywork or alloys.

Complete monkey show with circus and clowns.

Get your tyres by some other means, plenty of tyre garages about who won't rip you off and are more than happy to business with you.

Plus they'll do all they can not to damage your prized possession.