• Tweets

• In this type of managed block most of the owners/tenants have other places elsewhwere and only use them occasionally so the concierge service have keys to ensure the smooth running of the block. Now I would be tempted to fit an old fashioned lock as well as the swipe pass if you are there all fo the time (subject to any necessary permissions). after all, it is for your convenience, not theirs
    • No-one can represent you as far as the debt liability goes so the CAB might have given your creditors a sob strory but that is not a representation by you so means nothing as far as the SB clock goes. My mum could admit that I owe money to a creditor and offer to pay but there is no relationship between her and the creditor so whatever she said or did wouldnt chaneg that. Now bailiffs like to pile on the guilt in trying to get relative to cough up for debts that arent theirs but they dont get paid otherwise.
    • Well, if they're living and working then they wouldn't be taking any state benefits surely?  So I dont see any issue.   Of course, the universal wage for all would eradicate any ill feeling towards people, and this constant narrative that someone is taking something from someone.  That's my real issue with capitalism if we move on slightly - we're all on different levels of the pyramid and most people are constantly looking over their shoulder at what the person next to them has.  Tory's talk about labour indulging in the politics of envy, but it's actually the capitalist free market system they have created which fuels this hatred towards other people.  I think that capitalism promotes competition and as such envy plays a big role in every one of us because we're all competing with one another...  better house, better car, better this and that.   Ask yourself if you'd be worried about an immigrant taking what you perceive to be yours by rights if there wasn't a more level playing field and people were treated equally regardless of where they were born/skin colour/gender etc?  People can't seriously be happy living like this.. constantly mistrusting, looking over your shoulder, paranoid, angry...
    • Could be a conflict of interest but if a family owned co you are not likely to get anyone else. can be someone of the same level. in all my years involved in union activity I have never met a licensed union chairman so mehtinks that you would be better off seeking independent advice or speak to the current branch officers of the union that has recognition/representation . If the confusion shown in your posts is translated into the workplace grievance procedures you may well end up worse off than with a simple and coherent presentation of your case so get someone else to be with you, ideally someone with the authority to actually represent you or the managers will fiond it difficult to undershatnd what it is you want
    • The result of not attending is already known to you. They will continue and the no show will count against you and may be worthy of dismissal in itself As for handing in your notice- too late, they are not obliged to accept it when a disciplinary hearing  is in the offing.
  • Our picks

impossibleprincess

Hastings claim now with Carpenters solicitors

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 554 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi I have an unresolved insurance claim with Hastings. In October a lady went into the back of me I informed Hastings of the matter, I was advised to get my car looked at which I did damage had been done to my car, the third party at first didn't want to go through the insurance but once I got quotes for damage she wasn't prepared to pay so put it through insurance. Hastings put me on to Nationwide to get the car repaired they did a great job, problem I have now is Hastings have put my claim through to Carpenters solictors to chase my excess who I don't feel I'am receiving the best possible service from. Could someone please advise as I want to get this matter resolved ASAP as I have been left out of pocket after having to pay my excess. I feel that Hastings have washed there hands of the matter as I have had no contact from them since this. This is kind of scary to me as I have never had to claim on my car insurance before

Hello and welcome to CAG.

It's better for you to have your own thread because no two cases are the same. I've started a thread for you, please continue to post on this one.

My best, HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

Hi impossibleprincess, Thanks for taking the time to post, I am sorry that you feel this way and I would like to assure you that I will do my best to help you get this matter resolved. Can you please get in contact with me with your policy details and I will help. socialmedia@hastingsdirect.com Many Thanks, Jamie

Hi Jamie

thankyou for you reply and for speaking to me this morning. I have sent you an email this evening giving you my claim number with yourselves and outlining my concerns with Carpenters. Up to this point no one from Hastings has contacted me after giving you the information over the phone earlier. if there is any further details you require like my policy number please feel to contact me.

kind regards

impossibleprincess

Thank you for updating us, princess. I hope Jamie is able to help you, please keep us posted on how it goes.

HB

Can you tell me if you have now managed to get your excess back, as I'm in exactly the same boat. Thanks.

Hello and welcome to CAG.

You need to start a new thread of your own please, this one is five years old.

Best, HB