• Tweets

• Hi,   My friend was being bullied by a manager who kept saying that anonymous people were complaining about her, she is asian and the minority where she works, she raised concerns in her meeting that she felt it had something to do with her race and gets treated differently to the rest of her colleagues due to off the cuff comments previously made and was told by her manager that as a minority she has to prove herself more as a minority in life and thats unfortunately the way it is. Following on from this they’re were more anonymous complaints all revolving around her attitude when speaking to the anonymous individual(s), she then had a meeting with hr initiated by her managwe and expressed her concerns, no outcome was given as the hr person said it was informal and a week later she has been told that she is being made redundant, my question is there were no specific incidents mentioned and my friend is still confused exactly how this came about but suspects it’s her manager who has taken a disliking to her, is this lawful?
    • Thanks for advice . I have spoken to the ICO , and their opinion is that there “may “ be cause for complaint . In the first instance I should write to the hospital (CEO)citing GDPR, giving them 30 days to respond . If the response is not to my satisfaction , then back to the ICO to raise a formal complaint . The ICO also suggested copying in the GMC with the complaint , I feel at present that is one step too far , perhaps I will sit on that until I get a reply from the hospital.
    • Thanks ethel and stu007   Yes, we had the kerb double dropped so me and my partner can park off the road. Before , just had one, and idiot would park in middle of properties so couldn't fit two cars on road outside. Has been issued a good 3 or 4 PCNs for obstructing since done. Its the back of the car, sometimes as far as a wheel but has a long boot/bumper which hangs over, so its not fully over. Recently seems to be as far as can without getting a ticket.   CCTV - shall read up thanks. Oh also, when I say 5 CCTV, that is 4 on property (100% out of boundary) and 1 in car which is lit up all night.   Does this count as harassment? The initial start of this thread, about 6 threatening letters asking me to pay for vehicle damage or court (nothing came of this) The constant parking annoyance (going on a couple of years) The loud music, witnessed by Env heath officer but not quite loud enough for notice, so letters sent. Paint 'accidentally' spilled on road outside my property (because was parked over our drive at time) Letters about rubbish outside my own garage at rear of properties and the 4 screws attaching bamboo to his fence. Then reported me for fly tipping, didnt go anywhere as officer agreed wasn't causing an issue. I have since sorted the screws and bamboo and idiots fence is literally falling apart. Concreting over 1/4 of my grass in rear lane whilst doing own part. Stupid things like having a BBQ and the parasol sticking way over the fence into my garden. All very subtle and annoying things to cause issues, without quite breaking the law.   The council are aware and claim powerless as own properties and the police pretty much are not interested.   What can be done?    Cheers   E!              
    • Hi, any thoughts on this would be greatful, will send tomorrow i think.. letter_15th_oct.pdf
  • Our picks

johnstamp

How Can Insurance Company Do That? - ** SETTLED **

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2466 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

On 16th December my daughter who’s car insurance is with Insure Pink which is part of Hastings had an accident, she informed her insurers about the accident and they arranged for her car to be taken to a garage in swinton and she be given a courtesy car until her car was repaired, on January 4th she received a phone call from the garage informing her that they would be collecting the courtesy car the following day (5th jan) she asked about her car and if it had been repaired? The garage replied that the insurer had written off the car two days previously, my daughter had no idea this had been done, after talking to the garage she contacted Insure Pink and asked why she had not been informed her car had been written off, they told her “we don’t have to tell you” she then asked what about her claim? She was told that they needed someone to value the car and when that had been done they would contact her in a couple of days time, the next day she returned the courtesy car to the garage as arranged/ agreed with the garage, whilst there she asked where her car was as she wanted to recover the tax disc, the garage told her the car had been taken by the salvage people the day before (4th jan) the car also had half a tank of fuel,

The way this company has acted thus far by not keeping my daughter informed as to what has happened to HER car is disgraceful,

As my daughter still has the registration papers for the car Id like to know does an insurance company have a right to take and scrap a car without even informing the owner, and before a settlement has even been offered/made, my car is insured with Hastings as is a number of my family and friends cars, they like me are taking a very keen interest in how my daughter is being treated by this company,

They do that because it is Hastings i had a total loss back in October still waiting for my pay out i have had to declare the car off the road as tax ran out and Hastings have done nothing in regard to sorting that

Sent them all the documents

I expect the next thing will be a fine from DVLA for failure to notify

They are quick to take your money i was two months in to a years policy have had to pay the full premium as made a claim

If i have helped in any way hit my star.

any advice given is based on experience and learnt from this site :-)

Hi johnstamp, Thanks for taking the time to share the experience you have had, I am sorry to hear you are unhappy with the way we have dealt with your daughters claim. I would like to offer my assistance in getting this matter resolved. Can you please ask your daughter to get in contact with some details about her policy and I will ensure that the relevant team are engaged to deal with this matter. socialmedia@hastingsdirect.com Many Thanks, Jamie

Hi Jamie, many thanks for your offer of help, however since I posted on the 6th of January my daughter has managed to get in touch with Hastings and has agreed a settlement which she and I feel is fair, so at this moment in time she is happy, which means im ecstatic, its unfortunate that it took two days of persistent phone calls to get through to the claims line something which should not have to occur, it cost my daughter £30 in mobile charges, Regards, Johnstamp

Edited by johnstamp

hi jamie, just to let you know,Credit where credit is due, my daughter agreed a settlement on 9th January,she came home to her family on 10th January upon her return to her address she found a settlement cheque waiting for her Sunday 13th January , thankyou hastings/insurepink for doing the right thing,

Hello there.

I'm pleased to hear that a satisfactory resolution has been reached and thank you for letting us know. I'll alter your thread title. :)

My best, HB

Illegitimi non carborundum