NikNox

Tooth Fairy Finance/Northern Debt Recovery

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2477 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Dear All,

I'm looking for advice on how to contact NDR so that I can pay my son's account, which was originally with Tooth Fairy, but has been passed over to NDR. I have read all the alarming posts regarding these companies (who I believe are one and the same), and my son has received many nasty texts and emails from these cowboys, to the point of extreme stress. He originally borrowed £400, but somehow they have managed to increase this amount to £1400. He did actually pay £200 off, but his building society returned the money to his account, stating that they refused to forward funds to Tooth Fairy Finance.

Anyhow, long story short, after much research we (my son and I) agreed that I would pay the original loan of £400, plus a reasonable amount of interest, calculated from their website (£9 per £100 borrowed per week) of a month, totalling £144 to add to the £400. He told them that I would be paying the account for him (but didn't say how much as I planned to let them know the amount, and the reasons for our calculation), so they emailed him with their details and a reference number. He forwarded the email to me and I accessed the NDR website to pay the £544. However, on accessing their payment page I discovered it was unsecure, no https or a padlock symbol, so I decided against entering my card details into an unsecure web page. They also said in their email that they could be phoned to pay the amount, but I have to say my trust in them was dwindling at this point and there's no way I am going to give them my card details and security number, particularly after I read on another forum that some poor person who had paid a debt for their friend, had money removed from their account by these sharks!!!

So, I emailed them yesterday, on the address on their email to my son, but it's been returned saying they do not accept emails via this method and any enquiries have to be submitted via their website. I have looked at the information required, and basically I do not want to give them any of my details (such as phone numbers) as I believe that they would hound me also. So, is there an email address that anyone knows of that I could send an email to? Or, would it just be best to go into my bank this week and forward the £544 to them via bank transfer? I do want to inform them that they will not be receiving the entire amount they say my son owes, and tell them that if they want the rest they will have to take him to Court!

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thread moved to the Toothfairy forum where the guys will be happy to help as soon as they are available. :-)

If I have helped you please leave me a message by clicking my star

1. Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI

Read Here

3. Reclaim Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

4. The CAG Interest Tutorial

Read Here

5. Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors?

Read Here

6. Staying Calm About Debt

Read Here

7. Thinking of a Full & Final Settlement?

Read Here

How To Upload Documents To Cag

Instructions

I DON'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM BUT IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Private message facilities are offered for users to communicate issues that are perhaps inappropriate for posting on the main forum. Site rules explain this in more detail.

If you receive a private message which you consider abusive, derogatory or otherwise inappropriate, whether it be about yourself or other members, please report it using the "report" icon

If you are approached (or have been approached) by private message with an offer of help "Off Forum" or with a view to asking you to visit another website, please inform the site team via the report icon, especially if this results in a request for a fee. Remember, this is for your own protection

my views are my own and are given in good faith to try and help people. Please seek professional advice on your case if necessary

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Hi there,

I paid the loan off today, plus a month's interest, directly into their bank account (they bank with Barclays) in our local Barclays branch. I used their online form to try and inform them as to what I had done, but it doesn't send and just reports something about an 'SQL synax', whatever that means. These people seem to be uncontactable unless you phone them, which I'm not prepared to do as I don't particularly want to talk to them! So, I guess my son will just have to inform them, when they contact him again, which they will, that this amount has been paid. Okay, not the amount they wanted, but nevertheless the original loan has been repaid. He can then politely inform them to take him to Court for the rest!