• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

ssmmdd vs. NatWest ###won###

ssmmdd
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6074 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Of course you should send the LBA. You set the deadlines, not them!

STICK TO YOUR DEADLINES!!!

If you found this post useful, please click on the "scales" icon in the bottom left of my post and say so!

The opinions of this post are those of monkey_uk and do not constitute sound legal advice. I am not a lawyer.

--

Halifax Unlawful Bank Charges: S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) Sent 28/02/07 - CC Statement's rcv'd 18/04/07 Bank a/c statements rcv'd 19/04/07

First Direct Unlawful Bank Charges: Settled in Full 12/05/06 | £2235.50

I'VE BEEN BUSY!!1 :p

Ruddy work. :(

Right, LBA going by Recorded tomorrow. :D

Cheers monkey_uk! :D

ssmmdd. Yes, it's a strange nickname. No, I won't explain why I chose it. You'd laugh at me. :( You would...

NatWest: Bank Charges of £2,192 - WON! :D

HSBC: Trying to scare me (via Clarity Credit Management) into handing them over £2k on an old (6+ years) loan & Credit Card, they accepted SB, debating on if I should PPI Claim...

They've charged me again since I sent the first letter - should I just update the amounts, or include a paragraph explaining what I've done and why?

ssmmdd. Yes, it's a strange nickname. No, I won't explain why I chose it. You'd laugh at me. :( You would...

HSBC: Trying to scare me (via Clarity Credit Management) into handing them over £2k on an old (6+ years) loan & Credit Card, they accepted SB, debating on if I should PPI Claim...

As long as you have not filed at court. You can amend your claim for nothing at any time. Do as you say and update your claim to them.

A person is only as big as the dream they dare to live.

Good things come to he who waits

Its your money taken unlawfully from your account and you have a legal right to claim it back.

Cheers Parkvale! LBA sent by Recorded Delivery (Very happy to spend 70p to get £2k+) on Saturday. :)

Onwards and upwards now. Good luck.

A person is only as big as the dream they dare to live.

Good things come to he who waits

Its your money taken unlawfully from your account and you have a legal right to claim it back.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, they've recieved it. Had nothing back yet thou. *sigh*

* ssmmdd waits some more.

Hi mate, what date did they sign for the LBA? xxx :p

Can't find what you're looking for? Please have a look at Michael Browne's

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

I do not answer queries via PM. If you send me a PM, please include a link to your thread - any advice I am able to offer will be on your thread.

Royal Mail's Site:

Your item with reference was delivered from our BOREHAMWOOD Delivery Office on 22/05/07

In which case, I'd say get ready to file either N1 at your local county court or MCOL on 6th June (gives them a day's leeway........ but that's being nice!!!!)

Start having a read through here Moneyclaim and hardcopy claim compared

just to decide which way you want to go next. And don't worry, we'll help you out every single step of the way with this!

Fingers crossed for you, good luck - hedgey xxx :p

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

I do not answer queries via PM. If you send me a PM, please include a link to your thread - any advice I am able to offer will be on your thread.

Hmmmmm, it seems better to use the 'Small Claims Court' one.

I'm also wondering if I am exempt from paying the Court Fees as I'm on Housing and Council Benefit - anyone know about this?

I guess I fill in the Forms on this page here ?

Totally with you on the county court issue, I did exactly the same! This will help to prepare you if you want to go down this route N1 Claims form in .PDF format with form filling and 4. Particulars of claim - N1 - hard copy version

You may be exempt from the fees anyway, see here http://www.consumeractiongroup.c o....t.html?garpg=9 for furthe info. If definitely pays to be prepared!!! xxx :p

• Haha 1

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

Cool, cheers for your help hedgey, left you good rep. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys.

I'm currently filling out the 'Application for a fee exemption or remission (ex160)' Form, and am stuck on the following bit:

'1d The title or number of the form that you would like the court to issue

Please give details of one form only'

I'll assume I keep the following one:

'1c The case number or claim number (if you know it)'

as I don't know the Case/Claim Number?

Cheers for the help! :)

Cheers Michael! :D

Bit stuck on the N1 Form:

Charges £xxx.xx - I put my charges total here, yeah?

Overdraft Interest £xxx.xx - The 8% Interest, right?

Interest under s.69 County Courts Act 1984 £xxx.xx - What on Earth is this?

Court Fee £xx.xx - Rather obvious. :p

TOTAL £ xx.xx - As above.

Plus interest pursuant to S.69 County Courts Act 1984 from date of issue to date of judgement/settlement at £xx.xx per day [(enter daily rate here - (CHARGES+OD interest)x 0.00022 = pence per day)] OR at such rate and for such periods as the court deems just. - *confused* ;(

Charges £xxx.xx - I put my charges total here, yeah? Yes, Charges Total

Overdraft Interest £xxx.xx - The 8% Interest, right? No, this would be any overdraft interest you wish to claim back.

Interest under s.69 County Courts Act 1984 £xxx.xx - What on Earth is this? This is the 8% Interest.

Court Fee £xx.xx - Rather obvious. :p The court fee depends on the amount you are claiming.

TOTAL £ xx.xx - As above. Yes, total of all the above.

Plus interest pursuant to S.69 County Courts Act 1984 from date of issue to date of judgement/settlement at £xx.xx per day [(enter daily rate here - (CHARGES+OD interest)x 0.00022 = pence per day)] OR at such rate and for such periods as the court deems just. - *confused* ;This is correct, (Charges Total + OD interest) x 0.00022.......don't include the 8% interest when calculating this figure.

If my advice has helped please click my scales

Should you require any further help feel free to pm me.

Nat West 2nd Acc

Prelim letter sent 8th Feb '07

:) Full Settlement Offer 24th Feb '07:)

:pMONEY BACK IN ACC ON MARCH THE FIRST '07:p

Nat West 1st Acc

Filed at court 2nd of Feb '07

Acknowledged on 15th of Feb '07

:rolleyes: Defence submitted 1st March 2007 :rolleyes:

I'm not so bothered about the Overdraft Interest, so do I leave the following out:

'Overdraft Interest £xxx.xx'

and

'Plus interest pursuant to S.69 County Courts Act 1984 from date of issue to date of judgement/settlement at £xx.xx per day [(enter daily rate here - (CHARGES+OD interest)x 0.00022 = pence per day)] OR at such rate and for such periods as the court deems just.'

Cheers muchly for the help. :)

Yes you leave out the Overdraft Interest part, but the section regarding Section 69 of thr County Courts Act should be included. This is the daily rate your claim grows by from filing at court date right through to settlement date. You are perfectly entitled to this so claim it....:D

• Haha 1

Nat West 2nd Acc

Nat West 1st Acc

Ah! Superb, ta! I did charges x 0.00022 and put the answer to that in there.

Cheers Trish! :D

No problem, glad to be of help....:)

Nat West 2nd Acc

Nat West 1st Acc

I just hope it's right. Once I've printed the Form out, is there a Moderator or someone I could send a scanned copy of the Printed Form so they can check I've not made a hash brown of it?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6074 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks