Sign in to follow this  
glen.wilding

DVLA Digital Tacho & complaint not even acknowledged

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2474 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi there. I applied for my digital tachograph card in July 2012. It never arrived. I phoned to ask where it was and they said they sent it out in August. I went to the Preston local DVLA office and handed in my application in person for which I have the receipt for still. They said that because more than 3 months had passed since they sent it that I would have to pay for a replacement. But I never received it in the first place! I refuse to pay for something I have already paid for and they failed to provide.

So being rather annoyed with this I proceeded to make a complaint through their website. I made this complaint on the 25th of November 2012. The confirmation email stated that it could take up to ten working days to go through and that if it was going to take any longer that I would be notified.

It has now been a considerable amount of time since then and I haven't had a single communication from the DVLA regarding this whatsoever. Further more I have made repeated phone calls to them asking about it and was told that somebody would call me but no one has. I find this ridiculously unprofessional and as if I am unable to question them or hold them responsible.

I was supposed to be starting work mid November, which is why I applied in July way ahead of schedule, so that I could earn money towards Christmas. Bit late now!

Sign in to follow this