style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2473 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi Consumer forum please help, n

o matter how many professionals I ask I'm getting several conflicting answers.

My husband is thinking of filing for bankruptcy,

however that's ok for him but

I have supported him in his business and put the deposit down on the house we live in to the tune of £57k.

I also paid off his c/c(monthly) to the tune of £7k.

I invested in his failing business because of his pleading to the tune of £11k!

Now he wants to go bankrupt( I don't blame him) & wants to divorce me giving me his share of the equity in the house.

Because he lost the "repossession case" with Lombard they have put a charge on HIS share of the equity,

the judge ruling

If you have no equity in the house they can't touch your wife's share nor force you to sell!"

but I'm really worried,

this is my 2nd marriage and the money I put down on the house as deposi,t

I wanted it to go to my son (eventually).

Where do I stand with the bankruptcy

should I divorce before his files for it?

I also think divorce is the best thing as it will give me back my excellent (once) credit file if I'm not attach to him.

And to add insult to injury the house has got subsidence from next doors trees( being dealt with by the insurance company) Life can't get worse.

......I do blame him for these mistakes as he never listens to anyone advice.

Please anyone, does anyone know where I stand in all this.

He agrees with me getting my deposit returned & the investment & other payments I've made.

Thanks so much

T.D