Hamsterarcher

Issues with my deposit

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2481 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

In September my partner booked a fishing trip for me and 3 friends for december the 1st

She spoke to the person over the phone, Booked a place and she had to send 100 deposit to keep the places.

She sent 105 pounds over through her bank which was the full price for all 3 of us.

On december we arrived to find our boat had broken down and we were unable to fish and asked to rebook at a later time.

The skipper was very rude and un-sympathetic to us. Baring in mind we had just spent 20 pound on top for petrol and parking.

On the 27th of december i emailed them after days of trying to phone them to tell them that we were unable to rebook due to work commitments and if we could get a refund.

After days and days of trying the skipper agreed to refund us, But via the post. and today i received a check for 15 pounds for the petrol we spent traveling down with a copy of their Terms and Conditions. A paragraph was highlighted: It reads.

Cancellation: - Should the trip have to be cancelled

a) Due to bad weather or by the skipper for un foreseen circumstances

b) By the chartering party for whatever reason, with minimum 21 days notice in writing

The deposit will be refunded in full.

Should the charterer wish to re-book, and an alternative date can be allocated, the deposit can be carried over.

c) Please note that if cancellation is not notified by the charterer, in writing, at least 21 days before the date of the trip, the deposit is non-refundable.

At no point during the transaction period between booking and fishing we were EVER given a copy of these terms or even any paper work to comfirm in writing that it was booked. I check their website and they are on there hidden in the online booking form.

It also says on their websites terms and conditions:

Comfirmation:-

The verbal reservation should be confirmed in writing (see also Payment and Cancellation). The charterer should telephone the evening before the day of the trip between 7:30pm and 9:30pm to confirm that the weather forecast is favourable.

Again and no point did my partner ever receive anything via post or email to comfirm her booking or the terms, And she told me that she did infact ring them several times to get a written confirmation which they kept telling her they would sort out but never did.

Also at the bottom of the booking form and terms and conditions there is a box to sign to agree to the terms and conditions which obviously we never signed because we never recieved.

Whats the next approach i should take on this?

Thanks in advance for help :D

Stefan

FULL TERMS AND CONDITONS

ooking: - Initially a verbal reservation should be made by the charterer of the date(s) required and the number of passengers. This verbal booking will be held for a period of 14 days only.

Confirmation: - The verbal reservation should be confirmed in writing (see also Payment and Cancellation). The charterer should telephone the evening before the day of the trip between 7:30pm and 9:30pm to confirm that the weather forecast is favourable.

All bookings are made on a general fishing basis – wreck fishing is weather permitting.

Payment: - a) Deposit - A deposit of £100 must accompany the booking (cheques made payable to Escape Charters. This should be sent within 14 days of the verbal booking.

Payment: - b) Balance - The remaining money is payable on the day of the trip.

Cancellation: - Should the trip have to be cancelled

a) Due to bad weather or by the skipper for un foreseen circumstances

b) By the chartering party for whatever reason, with minimum 21 days notice in writing

The deposit will be refunded in full.

Should the charterer wish to re-book, and an alternative date can be allocated, the deposit can be carried over.

c) Please note that if cancellation is not notified by the charterer, in writing, at least 21 days before the date of the trip, the deposit is non-refundable.

Penarth Marina Car Parking

1. All vehicles are parked at the owners own risk

2. Cars must clearly display a parking permit, which will be handed to you on the day and must be returned to the skipper.

Children

3. All children under 16 must be supervised when on the Marina

4. All Children must wear life jackets when on the Marina (can be supplied by Escape Charters)

General Safety

5. No running, wheel vehicles, swimming or fishing allowed on or in the Marina.

stick at it at, these conditions are unfair and no court would su[pport that.

You had a contract and the boat skipper did not fulfill his part and you should therefore get your money back.

send them a letter before action asking for return of deposit in 14 days or you will start court proceedings.