help on ppi info

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4100 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

firstly

my mother had a loan through a broker who is no longer trading

i done the loan for her saying i was her as she worked nights and was having the loan for me

.it was a secured loan.

first off i stated no insurance as i wasn.t working even though she was filled out info with broker

we was passed to swift

some prefilled info on there

we filled out thel rest and it had insurance ticked so i put i line through that

and write in pen do not want insurance

form was signed and sent off.

well guess the rest

insurance was on there

quite a few thousand to .

my mother didn.t want to cancel it as they could cancel the loan all together.

who do we claim this from

we paid it off within 2 years after finding a cheaper one else where and only got a few hundred back .

second loan for for a friend defaulted with barclay loan within first year

taken to court paid it all off now but had ppi on there

but they wouldn.t let him use it when he asked even though he was in work

never asked for it but knew it was on there g

oing back a few years now but only finished paying within last 2 years .

can you claim ppi if its mis sold and you defaulted with in first year even though your paying it off still through courts t

his for someone else who had bank loan with barclays who wasn.t working but had ppi.

On the Barclayloan, yes you can claim under the circumstances you have described.

On the Swift loan, have you got a copy of the agreement? Who signed it...you or your mother?

For the Swift loan I would SAR them to get as much information on the account as you can. There is a template for SAR in the CAG library. Add a line that says it is to include copies of all and any agreements you have ever had with them.

From the information that comes back you should be able to calculate how much is due back to you.

To reclaim PPI you should send the lender a completed fos questionnaire and it is a good idea to attach a spreadsheet showing ow much you calculate is due back. This goes to the lender with a brief covering letter. All of your reasoning for the mis-sale will go on the fos questionnaire.

The questionnaire is available from here

http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk/publications/technical_notes/ppi.html

Also have a read of No.1 in my signature which will help you calculate the amount due back.

Swift may well deny that they are responsible for the mis-selling and that it is down to the broker. What you will want to know is why insurance was added when the forms submitted to the broker clearly stated no insurance wanted. If Swift put it on the account themselves then they will be responsible.