cashcard acc- told me I have to close natwest acc first!!??

jboyd83
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4126 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Just had an appt at Barclays to open a basic cashcard acc...and they've just told me they expect me to close my Natwest current Acc first before they will even consider me...but WON'T gaurantee they will give me an acc when I've closed my Natwest!!! So they expect me to close a bank account, leave my money in limbo with no security that they have anywhere for me to put it!?? Is this even 'allowed' ??

What nonsense, was this a manger or just a ''customer advisor''?

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Thought as much but didn't want to get my knickers in a twist in the bank (or twist his for him) without the facts to back me up ;) it was but a mere young boy...not the manager, however it was an appointment and they had the facts yesterday when I made the appt, they knew I had an acc with Natwest and I'm a bit narked that they have wasted my time which is something I don't have with 3 children that I've had to get babysat to go to the appt!

Grrrrr...what do you suggest I do brigadier, any facts to baffle them with please? :)

I would be asking how the hell do they expect you to close one account before you are assured a new one is availble,

ask to speak to a senior staff member and phrase it a a complaint.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Yes I think this was plain stupidity from a spurannuated school boy with little experience.

Hi JB,

I would write a letter of complaint to the branch and copy it to Barclays HQ.

Say that you resent having wasted your valuable time meeting with someone who appears to be inexperienced while having to pay for a childminder. Furthermore, you will have to repeat the process at another appointment to open a new a/c.

Ask that they consider compensating you for your wasted time, effort and childminding costs. Also, that they set up a new appointment with a senior branch member better acquainted with the process of switching bank accounts.

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)