• Tweets

• Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
        • Thanks
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Global chasing extremely old LLoyds Loan

j4ckier
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4105 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, Hope I am posting this in the right place ...

I think I have opened a whole can of worms whilst trying to pursue Lloyds TSB for PPI reclaim.

I have received this morning a letter from Global,

asking me to call them about an account,

but they have just given me an account number, no name or amount.

I have an inkling it might have been an extremley old loan that I defaulted on in much younger years from TSb (before the merge with Lloyds)

I am talking about 12+ years ago.

Strangely enough I have been banking with Lloyds all these years and nothings ever emerged.

Its all I think it can be.

Should I call them to find out more information?

or are they just 'fishing' at the moment.

If anyone has any advice it would be much appreicated as I am now pretty worried that they might take me to court and I really can't afford it right now :(

Many thanks

woe

slow down

NEVER EVER call a DCA

they are NOT bailiffs and have NO SUCH LEGAL POWERS

yes most prob a phishing trip

havve you checked your CRA file is clear?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Nothing to do with the current Lloyds PPI claim.

Do nothing for now. Wait to see if they send you more info. Check your credit record.

https://www.noddle.co.uk/

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Hi , thanks for your responses. I have checked my credit record and all seems fine on there. I guess I will just wait and see what happens next. Thanks again for your help, really appreciate it !!

Which credit files did you check, it's always best to use at least 2 for safety.Definitely check either Equifax or Experian if you have used Noddle as this agency is often out of date, and is not used very much by majoe companies.

If the account was defaulted more tahn 6 years ago the entry will have been removed.

To kill this off straight away, without acknowledging any liability what so ever send the following letter by recorded delivery to the Compliance Manager

GDR

Ref: use the one on their letter.

Sir,

Iam in receipt of a letter from GDR asking me to call in reference to an ''account'' I have no knowldge of any account with GDR or any company you may claim to represent.

I certainly do not acknowledge any debt or liability of any sort to GDR and having checked my credit history I have concluded that if your are seeking to recover an outstanding debt from me you have either contacted the wrong person OR any alleged debt is STATUTE BARRED,therefore I will not now or in the future make any payment or offer of payment in reagard to this matter.

Should GDR wish to dispute the status of any allged debt you are reminded that the onus of proof lies entirely with GDR, I do not have to prove anything.

I am fully aware of the OFT Guidance on Debt Collection 2003/2012 and the sections relating to the pursuit of statute barred debt.

You will now cease to process all data relating to me and remove from your records, confit=rmationof your compliance is required within 7 days.

This is my Final Response.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

• 2 weeks later...

Hello

I have also received the same kind of letter from Global...

..this would be a debt that must be over 13yrs old as my mother sold the house and later passed away,

I called Global and had a rather stroppy chap tell me it was my debt,

I DIDN'T ACKNOWLEDGE it and informed him I hadn't gone by that surname for over 9yrs and that I don't recall any loan being taken out. I asked him for all the details...

..I have to say when I put the phone down I was really scared, it wasnt until I did some research

and saw that it was SB I sent a letter similar to the template here..

..Do these types of firms 'buy up' old loans and see if the can pursue the debtor??

Hi, yes these companies buy and sell debts for a few pence in the pound then attempt to collect the full balance.

Please do not phone these people.

I suggest you send the following letter to the Compliance Manger at Global by recorded delivery.

Ref: as on their letter.

Sir,

I am in receipt of your letter dated xx xx xxxx the contents of which have been noted (and filed in the bin.

Please take note I do not acknowledge any debt to Global or any company you may claim to represent.

I had the great displeasure of speaking to a most obnoxious operative regarding the alleged debt, and now formally restate what I told this person, haveing checked my credit history I have concluded that the alleged debt is STATUTE BARRED therefore I will NOT make any payment now or in the future.

I am aware of the OFT Guidance 2003/2012 and the sections relating to statute barred debt, and remind you that should Global wish to dispute the status of the alleged debt the onus of proof lies entirely with Global and it is not for me to prove that the debt is statute barred.

Global WILL now cease to process all data relating to me and remove it from your records.

Also Global WILL confirm compliance with my instructions within 7 days.

This is my final response.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

and stay off that phone!!

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi, yes these companies buy and sell debts for a few pence in the pound then attempt to collect the full balance.

Please do not phone these people.

I suggest you send the following letter to the Compliance Manger at Global by recorded delivery.

Ref: as on their letter.

Sir,

I am in receipt of your letter dated xx xx xxxx the contents of which have been noted (and filed in the bin.

Please take note I do not acknowledge any debt to Global or any company you may claim to represent.

I had the great displeasure of speaking to a most obnoxious operative regarding the alleged debt, and now formally restate what I told this person, haveing checked my credit history I have concluded that the alleged debt is STATUTE BARRED therefore I will NOT make any payment now or in the future.

I am aware of the OFT Guidance 2003/2012 and the sections relating to statute barred debt, and remind you that should Global wish to dispute the status of the alleged debt the onus of proof lies entirely with Global and it is not for me to prove that the debt is statute barred.

Global WILL now cease to process all data relating to me and remove it from your records.

Also Global WILL confirm compliance with my instructions within 7 days.

This is my final response.

Thank you, reading all the experiences of others, I am without doubt the debt is sb

• dx100uk changed the title to Global chasing extremely old LLoyds Loan