Barclays old OD - default still showing as owed even though I paid it?

Hacked_Off
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4007 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

If I get opinion from the Team but they don't comment here on-thread, I'll relay it to you.

:wink:

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Can you confirm when you went into a branch and changed your address records please ? Also, please confirm what ID you used ?

Thanks

Clark

I didn't, the account was closed so why would I change address for an account that does not exist?

A claim was made recently with barclaycard and information has been sent to my correct address. Therefore you have the correct information.

Sent from my iPhone

can confirm that we have never been made aware of any change in address. You may well have let Barclaycard know but they are a totally different company and we do not share the same customer systems.

We are only permitted to correspond with the last known address held on our systems, in accordance with DPA rules. In the event of a claim for a breach of DPA, you will need to show evidence of when you let Barclays know of your change of address.

I will now draft a further written response covering the issues mentioned below. For security purposes, I will send the letter to via email.

Barclays and barclaycard being separate are irrelevant. There is documented evidence of barclaycard raiding Barclays Bank accounts for payments when barclaycard customers are in arrears. So clearly the information can be accessed.

Sent from my iPhone

Thanks for your emails. I do apologise for my colleague’s typo. Just to clarify – I am discussing your Barclays Bank plc account x in which you disputed on 5/1/13

I have spoken with our disputes team regarding your previous dispute. Our disputes team process any disputes raised on the site by contacting the lenders involved and respond to you within a 28 day period. Please note that we are custodians of data and we are not allowed to make any amendments to the data we display – the lenders need to make the changes at their end first.

Our disputes team contacted Barclays Bank Plc on your behalf to ask if the account had been satisfied. Barclays Bank Plc did not authorise us to mark this account as satisfied and therefore did not inform us of the change you’ve mentioned. You should have received a letter explaining this outcome to you.

If you wish to further discuss whether this account was satisfied please contact Barclays Bank Plc directly

How much is reasonable?

Hi HO,

You're not alone. Barclays are a shambles yet none of them have been jailed. They're wrongly protected by the government.

£5K is recoverable in the small claims court. £8K + specific losses in the main court is recoverable but much more of a ball ache.

£8K has been accepted as reasonable just for general damages to creditworthiness but the maximum claim in a small claims court is only £5K.

It depends on what specific losses you might have (I was £250K+). I'd say at least £5K though.

Cheers,

Richard.

There are poor offers.............. :|

................. and there are insulting offers :mad2:

No prizes for guessing which one you've just received. :sad:

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

I'd say no, as they will often side with the bank when they clearly shouldn't.

Any award they recommend is likely to be a cheap "Get Out" for the bank.

It will take many months for the FOS to reach their (probably half-hearted) conclusion.

Direct court action is probably the better route. I'll chase up and see what further response or suggestions I can get from the Site Team.

:-D

Hi HO,

PM sent to you seeking further info about how the Default may have impacted on you, especially during the almost 2 years when this was the ONLY negative marker on your CRA files.

:-D

Started fos complaint, is it even worth going through them?

Don't bother. The court is quicker and if FOS were to rule against you, (They're quite incompetent in my experience) their ruling will still carry heavy weight in the court.

I am very sorry for not getting back to you sooner, I have been off work for a few days due to illness.

I will have a written reply sent to you today.

Yours sincerely

Clark Spillane

Mmm if love to know we're they have sent it to they have not asked for my current address despite me already telling him the last one went to the wrong address!!

He appears to have changed his tune sine I emailed the chief executive about his attitude.

I doubt they'll worry about offering much more until you put together the sort of info that shows or proves what damage or loss you've suffered.

If you want to maximise what you want from them, you'll have to quantify the consequential damage or loss. You'll probably then have to take court action to recover this amount along with whatever else you seek in compensation.

Only when they see a court claim will they take this seriously.

Did you get the PM I sent last week with Site Team comments on how you need to proceed.

:wink:

• 2 weeks later...

yes ofcourse you can

same with fos

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 1 month later...

Hi HO,

Have you read this thread - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?373594-Bounced-Cheque-Cause-for-Action-for-Damages

It covers the same principle of damage to reputation, caused by the bank's error.

I'm not surprised that the FOS think the derisory offer from Barclays is acceptable. You're never going to get a decent offer unless you're prepared to go to court.

I made comments in posts #66 and #70 but you've not replied.

I'll say this again - If you want to maximise your claim in this matter, you need to quantify your losses that arose as a consequence. But, if you simply complain to the ICO or the FOS, you'll just be offered peanuts.

You have good access to the courts to get your best chance of justice and success. If you don't make use of the court system, you'll lose out.

:-)

I'm going to start gathering all my information. It's going to be hard though because I have three law exams in the next 6 weeks!!

I think a sar would be a good place to start. I never got a default notice and I want a copy of the alleged "communication to the credit reference agency"