Wetcloths chasing Natwest acccont fees debt from 2005

Rav1531
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3883 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

first post so please be nice :)

i took out a personal loan with Natwest on May 2000 for £15k.

as part of the deal they encouraged me to open an Advantage Gold current acc to get a cheaper % rate.

The current acc had a monthly fee but I was advised to downgrade the acc the next month. This I did. I have the original paperwork.

I updated the loan to £20k on Feb 2002, and did the same thing with the acc upgrading then downgrading the acc.

The loan was repaid with no problems,

I used the current acc only to receive a slight overpayment each month from my own bank to settle the direct debit.

I never used the acc for anything else.

The last payment was Mar 2005.

Apart from this, I have never had any dealings with Natwest.

I moved from that address (sold) 21 Jan 2005, and not ever using that current acc did not even think about renewing the address.

At the time the current acc was £109.46 in credit from slight overpayments from my bank to ensure the DD was paid. I have the original paperwork.

Since then I have moved several times due to army service.

In Aug 2010 Natwest contacted me by letter saying I owed them £832.62.

I received more letters which I ignored then in Oct 2010 I went into the branch to complain.

They investigated and said a new loan was applied for in 2005 and the Advantage Gold benefit was chosen again.

So the money owed is purely from them taking a monthly fee plus interest on the current acc.

I asked for proof and said someone must be using my details fraudulently, as I had moved and sold that address 21 Jan 2005.

they could not find any copy of paperwork, yet still declared I owed them the money. I visited the branch 3 times in total, but got nowhere.

Probably foolishly, yet certain if anything they owed me money (£109.46) I ignored further letters and moved from that correspondence address in may 2011.

Today I have received a debt collection letter from Wescot on behalf of Natwest, saying I owe £1126.25. Clearly I need to resolve this properly now.

Sorry for the drawn out post, I just wanted to get all the detail in for correct advice.

Any helpful advice would be very greatly appreciated.

Edited by Rav1531

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

HI Rav

if your last use was 2005 [even if it was fraud!]

its statute barred.

IMHO i'd send the SB letter.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi dx

thanks for your reply. apart from paying the loan I never used the current acc.

does my contacting the branch in 2010 to try and resolve not affect the statute barred?

tbh I'm annoyed and think they should pay me the £109.46 plus interest but I'm worried they may win this case.

Certainly when I tried to deal with them in branch they were not helpful at all.

Can you point me to the SB letter? thanks

I would write a formal complaint to natwest asking all the questions and explain your side at the same time. I would also contact all the credit reference agencies and inform them you have noticed that you maybe a victim of fraud with regards to Natwest Bank. Tell the credit reference agencies to dispute the natwest file and ask them to request all proof relating to the debt. Do everything in writing so you have a paper record.

I would write a formal complaint to natwest asking all the questions and explain your side at the same time. I would also contact all the credit reference agencies and inform them you have noticed that you maybe a victim of fraud with regards to Natwest Bank. Tell the credit reference agencies to dispute the natwest file and ask them to request all proof relating to the debt. Do everything in writing so you have a paper record.

no-one has mentioned CRA files yet.

strange advise??????

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi dx

thanks for your reply. apart from paying the loan I never used the current acc. - when was the last loan payment?

does my contacting the branch in 2010 to try and resolve not affect the statute barred? - no

tbh I'm annoyed and think they should pay me the £109.46 plus interest but I'm worried they may win this case.

Certainly when I tried to deal with them in branch they were not helpful at all.

Can you point me to the SB letter? thanks

green library tab top left

dx

and they

I have a letter from Natwest dated 2 Dec 2010 responding to my complaint. Is it possible to post it?

Just to clarify Natwest must have been taking a payment and interest fees each month since 2005 until recently.

I did tell them in branch in 2010 to stop/freeze/close the account so there were no further fees.

Clearly never using the account I was not benefiting at all from the acc, but they just couldn't see that point.

yes ofcourse you can:

scan the required letters/agreements/sheets - as a picture[jpg] file

don't forget you can use a mobile phone or a digital camera too!!

'

BUT......

ENSURE: remove all pers info inc. barcodes etc using paint program

but leave all figures and dates. {DO NOT USE A BIRO OR PEN]

convert existing PC files to PDF [office has an installable print to PDF option]

goto one of the many free online pdf converter websites [http://docupub.com/pdfconvert/]

it would be better to upload a multipage pdf if

you have many images too rather than many single pdfs

or if you have PDF as an installed printer drive use that

or use word and save as pdf

try and logically name your file so people know what it is.

i'e Default notice dd-mm-yyyy

open a new msg box here

hit go advanced below the msg box

hit manage attachments below that box

hit the add files button on the top right

hit select files, navigate to your file on your pc

hit upload files

ffrom what you say above it IS SB'ed

end of

wetcloths can go swivel

they are NOT bailiffs anyhow

they have NO such legal powers

so dont think any DCA ever has.

dx

and they

Sounds like waffle!!!

I suggest the following which is in now way admission or acknowledgment of liability.

Address it to the writer of the letter you have received.

Use their references.

Sir,

I am inreceipt of your letter dated xx xx xxxx in reply to my complaint regarding the conduct of the bank regarding my loan and current account, having reviewed your response and the data I have on hand I do not acknowledge any debt to the bank.

Furthermore as this matter dates back 12 years at least and I have not used the facility in any way fora period of at least 6 years, nor have I made any unequivocal admission that any liability subsists the alleged debt is statute barred therefore I will not make any payment or offer of payment now or in the future.

I suugest that you now recall the matter from Westcott Credit Services and close the file.

Also I require that all references to this alleged debt are immediately removed from ALL credit reference agencies that the bank has reported to.

If the bank should disagree with the above I will refer the matter to the Financial Ombudsman Service and regulatory authorities as it is clear that the bank have failed in the common duty of care when dealing with my accounts.

Final Response.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

The drafted letter to the bank, copy to Westcott stating account is indispute with the OC therefore they should pass the file back to their ''client''.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Just writing the letters now

should I add my present address at the start?

And how should I end the letter? ie name, signature?

Sorry for the noob questions, I have never done anything like this before

Thanks in advance for your help

Update: as of 12/1/2013

I wrote to Wescot, thinking to get them off my back first. Sent the letter Recorded Delivery 9/1/2013.

Haven't written to Natwest yet.

Received this letter from Wescot today, they do seem extremely aggressive.

I guess I need to wait for their response to my letter.

Edited by Rav1531
adding pdf files

thats a std computer generated threat-o-gram

nothing aggressive about it at all

std practice by DCA to spoof people into paying

debts they do not owe.

just remember

wetcloths DO NOT OWN THE DEBT

so can do NOTHING TO YOU.

they are NOT BAILIFFS

and

have as such NO LEGAL POWERS

dx

and they

Its probably crossed letters. Give them a few days more to see if an actual response comes back.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

My guess is the letters have crossed theirs are atomated and are produced it seems at set time periods regardless of any incoming post they have received.

• 2 weeks later...

Standard template reply generated automatically when a complaint is raised, they are probably waiting for the member of staff who can actually read to get round to your letter.

Give them time to reply.

Yeah was thinking the same. Do you think they WILL actually get in touch with Natwest? I got nowhere with Natwest when I tried to sort this before.

It's Natwest attitude that I'm most worried about, still I do need to get this sorted so thanks again for your input.

• 1 month later...

Received this today from Wescot. It appears to go against the advice given here previously. Quite stressed about this. Please advise. Thanks in advance.

File uploaded incorrectly. see next post.

Edited by Rav1531
File incorrectly uploaded