• Tweets

• Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

marbles card ppi reclaim.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4099 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi all,

whilst claiming ppi back for my partner from hfc,

we have found she has been paying a large amount per month in ppi on her marbles card.

As she is quite vague on the details of this account we cca'd and sar'd them.

still waiting for the sar.,

but the cca came back with a print out of just terms and conditions and a signed statement of account.

they state in the letter that the original signed agreement has been requested from the relevant dept. and will follow shortly.

they are now past the time limit so should i wait or is there anything i should do regarding this.

need all the info on this account as i can get, which is why i sent these requests, as i think it could amount to a substantial reclaim.

regards,

ps. the account has been running for at least 6 years and is no longer being used.

just monthly payments to clear the amount owed.

no diff inscotland bar 5yrs SB not 6

now WHO are you paying ?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

yep thats the one.

do i follow up the failed cca request with anything or just leave it as they haven't got it?

where would that leave the ppi reclaim if they were to say that she requested it but can't prove it without the agreement.

she's adamant that she never asked for it and only realised that she didn't have to have it when we looked into a hfc reclaim.

have you sent the failure to comply leter?

as for the PPI reclaim

will this kill the balance?

dx

and they

haven't sent the failure to comply letter yet, wanted to check advice.

she wants to pay back what she owes on the card, however i believe that the ppi reclaim will clear a significant amount, if not all of it. won't know for sure tho until the sar arrives.

when working this one out i use the cisheet don't i? not the statint.

correxct if the court route

or

FOSCISHEET for the FOS route

should they not cough

i would still send the failure to comply letter

dx

and they

• 3 weeks later...

hi all.

an update on the above.

have sent the failure to comply and haven't heard anything yet.

Still waiting for the SAR but they are still within the time limit.

Also sent a letter cancelling the ppi.

Meanwhile my partner received her monthly statement and called them to query why her payment has gone up whilst the balance is going down.

to which they replied that there was a problem with the way her interest was calculated and they would investigate and write to her.

whilst on the phone she also queried whether the ppi had been cancelled as per her letter,

the person replied that they would do that and asked if she was making a claim to which my partner said "it's already in hand" or words to that effect.

but did not say categorically that she was.

today she received a lengthy letter saying that marbles would not be upholding her complaint ( she hasn't complained about a refund yet - we're still waiting for a sar)

because although it was so long ago they don't have a copy of her online application and agreement,

they know that she (apparently) asked for the cover and when sent the agreement

she didn't change the ppi option to "no" in the ppi section therefore she did ask for it.

they go on to say that the policy is still in force on the account and do not understand why they haven't been contacted sooner to have it cancelled.

( yes they have )

they then end the letter with this is our final response and if not happy please take it to FOS.

seems a bit pre-emptive to me- refusing reclaims before an actual complaint is made.

where would this leave us when we do make a complaint?

well the faact that it must be de-selected to refuse PPI actually means they MUST refund it.

can you scan up that letter

because IF it does say that

its Priceless for every marbles card PPI claim.

i've got a re-buff in mind already

but await the sar.

dx

and they

god that letter is SO condesending to the customer !!!!

so because you 'requested' PPI on the online form[probably all ready ticked]

he rejects your claim

and will bin any further complaint...disgusting!!

the rest is just pure conjecture and crap all the others write

i like the 9yrs bit!!

if you were told it was not compulsary or that you could claim it back

you would hae done so already.

have you seen this yet....

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?378821-LloydsTSB-Loan-PPi&p=4115969#post4115969

and they

thats a good one.

i'm still waiting for the sar, when i get it and am able to make a reclaim

should i write them something similar and give them a chance to correct their error or,

as they say,

take it directly to fos,

even though they haven't actually received a complaint from me?

also if they continue to show their incompetence would this stand me in good stead if i were to take it through the courts rather than fos?

pers i'd send a version of that letter

then we can await he sar as well.

leave the fos for now.

dx

and they