minirob

Catalogue Help littlewoods next

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2478 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hello, i'm new to this forum so i'm not quite sure where i should post this! Me & my partner have littlewoods & next catalogues, & i'm really struggling to keep up with all the payments! is there any way i can reduce the minimum payment with any of these if so anyone done it before & how did you manage to get them to agree! I'm starting to worry about this now as i don't want to get a bad credit rating but just can't afford the minimum payments they are asking for! I'm a stay at home mum and my partner works but we have lots of bills to pay and these ones haven't been my priority!

Any help would be highly appreciated!

Thankyou

It may be possible to negotiate reduced payments although Mail Order companies can be difficult and don't like freezing interest and charges . I would suggest that you speak to one of the charitable advice agencies who often have greater success with these companies. (Never try and reason with them over the telephone) However I cannot see how such an arrangement can be made without affecting your credit ratiing.

Could i get taken to court if i don't pay the amount they are asking for a month? I'm really thick when it comes to these things charitable advice agencies?

Catalogue debts are not a priority at all, I suggest that you both make yourselves an Income and Expenditure calculation.

List all priority debts, Rent/mortgage, council tax, utilities, TV Licence,food/clothing.travel to work, insurances etc.

Then all non priority debts the catalogues etc., the your net income from all sources, calculate from this your ''disposable'' income take a sum for contingencies, the remainder is what you can afford to split between the non priority creditors.

The catalogue firms are usually quick to default accounts and pass debts on to collection agencies, the reduced payments if agreed will be reported on credit files.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

So should i write a letter to littlewoods and next asking to lower the payments? thanks

No write TELLING them that due to unforseen circumstance you are reducing payment to £x pcm until further notice, so it would be advantageous to them to freeze interest and charges.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Moved to 'Mail Order Catalogues' section