JSA sanctioned and Hardship payment refused...HELP!

melpovey
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4128 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello i wonder if sumone can help me??...I lost my job in SEp due to misconduct...I applied for JSA and it was awarded...I then had a letter saying it had been sanctioned until May 2013.I have appealed and that is pending and I was advised to apply for hardship allowance which i did and was told the next day that it had been refused. I have an 11 year old daughter and i am a single parent.Is there anything I can do?I have been awarded child tax credit and I get my child benefit...is there anything else I can do?

Was your sanction based on misconduct? Because it was prior to 22nd October then the old rules would apply which is a maximum sanction of 26 weeks.

Hardship is a reduced amount from your normal personal allowance and any other is deducted from the amount you would be entitle to receive including child benefit and tax credits.

so a single person aged over 25 would receive 20%less of £71.00 + £56.80, minus £20.30 child benefit = £36.50 so if you child tax credit is greater than £36.50 you won't be eligible to receive hardship allowance.

sorry just seen you stated it was misconduct. Have you request a reconsideration and or appeal of the decision?

Thanks for explaining that...sobasically I've gotta just make do with the child tax credit plus the child benefit?...also as it has been sanctioned can I apply for a crisis loan to pay for my daughters shoes and a winter coat?