melpovey

JSA sanctioned and Hardship payment refused...HELP!

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2477 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hello i wonder if sumone can help me??...I lost my job in SEp due to misconduct...I applied for JSA and it was awarded...I then had a letter saying it had been sanctioned until May 2013.I have appealed and that is pending and I was advised to apply for hardship allowance which i did and was told the next day that it had been refused. I have an 11 year old daughter and i am a single parent.Is there anything I can do?I have been awarded child tax credit and I get my child benefit...is there anything else I can do?

Hello there.

What was the reason given for your JSA being sanctioned please?

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

They had asked my last employer the reason why i lost my job and he had said it was misconduct

Was your sanction based on misconduct? Because it was prior to 22nd October then the old rules would apply which is a maximum sanction of 26 weeks.

Hardship is a reduced amount from your normal personal allowance and any other is deducted from the amount you would be entitle to receive including child benefit and tax credits.

so a single person aged over 25 would receive 20%less of £71.00 + £56.80, minus £20.30 child benefit = £36.50 so if you child tax credit is greater than £36.50 you won't be eligible to receive hardship allowance.

sorry just seen you stated it was misconduct. Have you request a reconsideration and or appeal of the decision?

Thanks for explaining that...sobasically I've gotta just make do with the child tax credit plus the child benefit?...also as it has been sanctioned can I apply for a crisis loan to pay for my daughters shoes and a winter coat?

You can apply for a crisis loan but as you have been sanctioned it is highy unlikely that an application will be taken or approved sorry.

Are you receiving any housing and /or council tax benefits?

How long after you were awarded JSA were you sanctioned?

"Ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for Poundland"