Signed upto online services without realising

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4124 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All

So I signed up for a website and ended up getting signed up to a second site because I left a box ticked. As result a result for the last few months I've been getting charged and only just noticed today. Still need to speak to the actual site about it and also my bank.

I need to know whether I have a leg to stand to on because let's face it because I signed up to one with intent and didnt untick the box it would be deemed as being signed up to both with intent despite not ever accessing the services.

Any help or guidance would be appreciated.

Kind regards

Khuz

No it was Video on demand, I was curious what paying for the videos would offer over the free services so sue me.

Did they send you a confirmation email with T&C? They should have and you should be able to unsubscribe.

"Ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for Poundland"

I did get an email but I deleted when I cancelled the original subscription. The secondary subscription has been cancelled now but I want my money back that I have unnecessarily paid the last 4 months. I have emailed the company but yet to hear anything back and yet to speak to my bank about it as well. I really need to know if I have a leg to stand in getting the money back?

Ask your bank to initiate a chargeback. The untick box is an unfair contract. I'm guessing that this isnt a Uk based company, US consumer law is a pain when it comes to the rights of overseas customers as they dont take notice of international law unless it suits them.

The bank should send you out a form and it takes about 6 weeks. In the meanwhile tell the company that you didnt sign up to them and that the passing of your details to them was done by subterfuge and that you are initiating a chargeback so they might as well just refund.