hastings, direct, want, documents

tomatoman
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4101 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

after a non fault accident my car has been classed as a total loss by hastings direct ,should i send them my vehicle registration papers they have asked for,even though i have not recieved or accepted any offers for my car....why do they want them before i get an offer

Hello and welcome to CAG.

We have a Hastings forum with a rep who looks in on weekdays. I'll move your thread there and leave you a short term redirect on this forum.

It might help the guys to advise if you tell us a bit more about your story.

My best, HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

I sent all my documents to them after a total loss accident in October

Had a last chance letter from DVLA about the tax so have done the sorn

They have not paid out nor even made a offer

good luck with Hastings give you the run around direct!

If i have helped in any way hit my star.

any advice given is based on experience and learnt from this site :-)

i had a non fault crash on dec 13th 2012,a lasy turned in onmy car as i drove down the road,she admitted her fault while police were present and basically over christmas i heard nothing from hastings direct ,i expected some delays because of xmas but a quick letter or call would have been nice,anyway since then i called them and have found out from albany car hire people that my car has been a total loss,so i called hastings and sure enough was told its a total loss.but was asked to send in my insurance papers and the vehicle registration papers but ive had no offers yet for my car.also i have some outstanding finance on the car which by the way i bought from new 19 months earlier,they have also asked for me to contact finance paople so they can get a final amount oweing,which i guess makes sense,but i don`t like the idea or understand why they want my car documents before ive agreed any money value....surely once i send those in ,i no longer own the car...?

await the rep tomorrow

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

still heard nothing from rep,i tried to call hastings but it seems the person i need is only there office hours mon-fri,i`ll have to try in my lunch break at work.i bet they`d be there if i was paying them some money!!!! i still refuse to send any documents in until i have a total loss offer in writing

still heard nothing from rep,i tried to call hastings but it seems the person i need is only there office hours mon-fri,i`ll have to try in my lunch break at work.i bet they`d be there if i was paying them some money!!!! i still refuse to send any documents in until i have a total loss offer in writing

When you do get through you will get the answerphone

"i am away from my desk leave a message and if i am bothered i may call you back"

Glad i`m not the only one will be 3 months waiting for a pay out letter before action going there way

If i have helped in any way hit my star.

any advice given is based on experience and learnt from this site :-)

Hi tomatoman, Thanks for taking the time to post, the reason that we request vehicle documentation is to help us with the valuation process. I am sorry that you have not received any contact as yet and I would like to follow this up for you to ensure that this matter is resolved as quickly as possible. Can you please get in touch with me with some details about your policy? [email protected] Many Thanks, Jamie

i have posted all paperwork off today[monday]still don`t know why hastings having my regestration docs helps value the car,they already know its a 2011 fiesta i owned from new,and they have milage etc....but i just want it sorted now so i`ll go with the flow,also i have involved ford finance as they have a interest in the outcome hopefully they`ll push things along...i`ll keep ya all posted.....

damn it.....am i the unluckiest car owner or what....just bought a cheap car to replace my beloved fiesta just written off,it needed a few paintwork scuffs touching up so i put it in a local garage workshop ,collected late yesterday [almost dark].woke up this morning...friday....excited to see my new car looking shiney and gr8 ,but oh no the doors look worse than before it was worked on....aaaarrrrgh!!!!!! looks like he has mopped paintwork with cutting compound but not cleaned it all off and sprayed over it....damn lines going in all directions all over my doors......holy mackerel...what next

Oh do be careful-we did that and they have just sold our car without our permission or having agreed to their offer. The accident wasn't our fault and the other party accepted full liability. I feel like we've been mugged.

• 2 weeks later...