Pay Pal delay in refunding

mashmallow
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4124 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Wonder if anyone can provide advice on this issue with paypal. Bought some goods of a web site, good were wrong contacted the compamy and was told to send back which I did. Got an -mail message from paypal stating that a refund was made by the said company and pending 2/1/13. Up to now no refund has been refunded. The goos were paid via my Nat West Debit card. The refund was made by the provider on the 22/12/12 and now it is the 4th Jan. What can I do about this any input would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Mashmallow

Thanks for your reply, I don't know what has happened the man said he refunded it on the 22nd and now 5th Jan 2013 no refund nowhere? Cannot even contact them as it will cost money.

really don't know what to do.

Thanks

Mashmallow

waht does it say on your paypal account with regards this, does just say pending?

you may have to contact paypal and ask them why after this length of time. They are good at hanging onto other peoples money.

you can contact them by email, from their site.

Edited by raydetinu

The paypal refund is coming from 1 of 3 sources, money held by paypal, a charge card or a bank account.

If the refund comes from a bank account it can take up to 2 weeks to clear.

This is because the request for the payment has to go through 2 banks and paypal and then back again.

It is a bit like writing a cheque which is then cashed,

the refund requested made by cheque and then banked and cashed.

they all take a bit of time and it adds up to a long time.

your original payment may have not cleared when the refund was made so that would add a week to start with.