Sarah Stewart

More queries re assessment

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2480 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I already have a post on here but hope it is ok to do another one.

Just some questions

1) Does my benefit (I am on Incapacity Benefit) stop when I am summoned for my assessment in June, pending the result of that assessment?

2) People have mentioned "assessment rate"... what is this please, is this lower than IB?

3) How long does it last, all this assessment stuff until I will know the outcome? and how long does an appeal take?

4) would they take into account that my condition is degenerative and that I would be coming off benefits anyway 9 months after my assessment date, as I will be receiving my state pension?

5) For info I am doing permitted work, 10 hrs a week and would want to continue that. (Working from home, online).

Background: I am on IB, have been since 2008 as I retired from work on health grounds. I am due to get my state pension in March next year.

Thanks alot