Employment/Work and asscioated benefits woes

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2962 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Yes, That's just your week in hand. have a look on your bank statement - next to previous wage payments, it will tell you how the payment was made.

"Then they came for me--and there was no one left to speak for me". Martin Niemöller

"A vital ingredient of success is not knowing that what you're attempting can't be done. A person ignorant of the possibility of failure can be a half-brick in the path of the bicycle of history". - Terry Pratchett

If I've been helpful, please click my star. :oops:

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure how they do it to be honest. My payslip clearly states payment will be made on the 28th. Isn't it breach of contract to pay me late? My contract says "payment will be made one week in arrears"

Even if it was in breach on contract, unless you've suffered any financial loss there isn't anything you can do about it.

Even if it was in breach on contract, unless you've suffered any financial loss there isn't anything you can do about it.

My phone bill bounced yesterday so has now been cut off and will incur late payment charges from the bank and my phone provider.

It's still not cut and dried I'm afraid. There have been a couple of occasions where I was paid late while working for a very large employer (NHS, actually) and incurred bank charges which they subsequently paid, but I was paid late without notice on those occasions, and it was due to a massive admin cock up, or so we were told. You could try approaching them and pointing out that the notice that they gave you was incorrect (due to the typo), and they may out of decency agree to refund you as a goodwill gesture. On the other hand, they may not. At that point, if you wanted to get the account charges back from them, you'd be looking at a small claims procedure I guess.

"Then they came for me--and there was no one left to speak for me". Martin Niemöller

"A vital ingredient of success is not knowing that what you're attempting can't be done. A person ignorant of the possibility of failure can be a half-brick in the path of the bicycle of history". - Terry Pratchett

Excellent result! well done you. have a great new year. :)

I've recently had the "you are are longer required" line from the agency I worked for. I was already claiming jsa because I was only working ten hours a week. I went in as soon as they opened after Christmas on the 27th. My last day of work was the 21st. The guy i spoke to on the desk told me to use the phone. The guy I spoke to couldn't have been more unhelpful if he tried. He didn't take my name or any details whatsoever and said "there's nothing I can do phone back Monday.

I rang back Monday and the woman I spoke to said the job centre should of told me to fill in a jsa3 form to report the change. Of course I was not told to fill this in. The girl on the phone said they should recieve it thursday(yesterday) and to ring back today to check and find out what's going on.

My payment was in today and is incorrect because it is worked out on me working when I am not. The guy I spoke to today told me they had recieved the form and it would take "up to ten days" to process. He told me to speak about it to whoever signs me on. I explained that would mean me having £9 to live on for a month as my next sign on is 15 jan. he couldn't care less. How can I be expected to job search when I have no food or electricity?

I've been onto my mp but so far had no relly, I assume she's still off for Christmas.

You can apply for a crisis loan to cover you for a period and at somepoint they will deduct it from future benefits. You have to phone apply for the loan and may be able to pick it up the same day.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

See if you can get an urgent appointment at your nearest JCP to see how they can help. If they won't or can't, then if you are really stuck, you will have to visit your local Citizens Advice and they may point you to charities and/or local credit union. There are many people in this situation, who have to go begging to the local foods banks and charities often run by churches, who help people for a short period, while the DWP manage to sort themselves out.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

I've already tried my cab I waited outside for ages to be told "were not opening today because we're short staffed"

My phone bill will bounce tuesday, are the job centre liable for the charges?

The big irony here? The government via the job centre tell me I have to get a job, yet I've just lost my job in the courts because of government cuts!!!

It won't be the JCP liable for any costs sorry as they are not processin the payments and you have done all you can by completing the relevant forms to declare the end of your part time work.

Unfortunately it is reliant now on the processing team to action your change of circumstances as quickly as they can, and as unfair as it is (I totally agree that it is by the way) they are not supposed to remove any one claim to be treated as any more urgent than the next iygwim?

Hacked_Off the only thing I can suggest which you may or may not like/agree with is to contact social services or present yourself to the police station and ask to be referred to the out of hours service of the DWP so that an emergency payment can be considered.

I'm sorry I can't offer anything else :(

You could go to the Job Centre and do a strip naked protest or other protest if you are shy. Sometimes with these people, it is only if you force them to take any notice that they will act. Perhaps advise the local Police of when you intend to make such a protest and advise them that you by making such a protest, you are not looking to commit any public order offence.

• Confused 1

You could go to the Job Centre and do a strip naked protest or other protest if you are shy. Sometimes with these people, it is only if you force them to take any notice that they will act. Perhaps advise the local Police of when you intend to make such a protest and advise them that you by making such a protest, you are not looking to commit any public order offence.

I hope the OP won't follow this advice.

But of course you can take your clothes off in a park, this is legal.

"Ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for Poundland"