deepseadiver1

Appliances Online Ltd - Disgusting attitude to Customer with Faulty Fridge Freezer - 2nd time!!! Court perhaps?

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2477 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I will try and get straight to the point.

Oct 7th - Accept delivery of Zannussi Fridge Freezer from Appliances Online, up and working within a day

Approx 35 days later the fridge compartment stops cooling and the freezer goes too cold, contact retailer who state that an engineer will have to visit to establish the fault. I am not happy with this as I deem the goods to have been faulty on delivery. Request a replacement but denied (Its only 5 weeks old !!!)

Eventually agree to have engineer to call but this takes 7 days for the nearest appt. We use a cool box during that time.

Engineer calls and states that the seal on the freezer door is not flush/tight/etc and it has been drawing in air, stopping the fridge working. He uses a hair dryer to fix(?) it, job done within 20 mins.

Today I have noticed that the same problem has developed. Retailer(call staff) pretty much agrees that the item should be exchanged but cant do this without a return code. This is supplied by Zanussi who have spoken to me on conference call and stated that they need to inspect the item again to see if it is faulty:mad2: I have even be told that if the fault is down to me (how i dont know, maybe I need fridge door closing lessons) then I may be liable for a callout charge:mad2::mad2::mad2:

I have now lost contact with the retailer and on here asking for advice before recontacting.

How should i deal with this? Blood pressure rising quite quickly

They keep going on about the "warranty", I dont give a hoot about any warranty. Its a SOG act matter as far as I am concerned. I am going to end up without a FF for a week at the least, spoiled food again and no compo for such. I really feel like taking the matter to court, but is it worth it for a £300 item?

rubbish

nothing at all to do with zanussi

under soga its the retailer problem

i'd also be looking to reclaim the cost of lost food too.

it is NOTHING to do with ANY WARRANTY

that is IN ADDITION to your rights under SOGA.

dx

PLEASE DONT HIT QUOTE IF THE LAST POST IS THE ONE YOU ARE REPLYING TOO.

MAKES A THREAD TWICE AS LONG TO SCROLL THROUGH!

please do not post jpg images directly to a topic..USE PDF ....READ UPLOAD.

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here

Reclaim Bank Account, Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

The CAG Interest Tutorial Read Here

spreadsheets 

rubbish

nothing at all to do with zanussi

under soga its the retailer problem

i'd also be looking to reclaim the cost of lost food too.

it is NOTHING to do with ANY WARRANTY

that is IN ADDITION to your rights under SOGA.

dx

The service I am recieiving is terrible, I just want a replacement of the same. No swizz going on here with me, honest as the day is long. I am about to blow!!!!

prob is best to write to the CEO of the retailer giving them 7 days to replace the freezer

before you begin court proceedings. then

dx

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

spreadsheets 

lets see if twitter works

just put it up for you

dx

spreadsheets 

prob is best to write to the CEO of the retailer giving them 7 days to replace the freezer

before you begin court proceedings. then

dx

After a nights sleep this was the decision I had came to also.

What concerns me is whether or not I have a good case in respect of the SOG act and anything that I have agreed to so far?

Can anyone assist with this.

spreadsheets 

You cannot be deemed to have agreed to waive your rights under the SoGA it is written into the legislation.