FlySi

Advice regarding DPA breach and SAR

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2479 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Happy New Year everyone.

I could do with some advice regarding an apparent breach of the DPA. Last year my father sent a SAR to MBNA with a view to reclaiming PPI. MBNA informed my father that they had no information, etc. and he'd never had an account with them. My father complained to the Information Commissioner and provided dates for the accounts, account numbers etc. In September, the ICO ruled in my father's favour and lo and behold MBNA refunded 5k in PPI.

In November, I sent a SAR to MBNA for my information. I received their package today and contained within it were letters between MBNA and my father, and MBNA and the ICO in respect of my fathers complaint. Obviously I've made my father aware of what's happened today.

Any advice on what to do next? Should my father and I contact MBNA or should we contact the case handler for my father's complain?

Much obliged!

Yes your father must make a FORMAL COMPLAINT to the Data Controller at MBNA, by recorded delivery.

A copy of the letter should also be sent to the ICO with a reference linking it to his original complain.

• Confused 1

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide: