arriana's off topic posts

arianna22
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4124 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

my husband is one of the ones who got denied the dla renewal.for last 8 years suffered blackouts first started really bad could have between 5/15 a day he had to be constantly watched .hadn.t long startef work and had to pack it in as had children at home he was looking after.had tests and tests could say for def if it was epelepsy sorry about spelling.but they said slight brain abnoramlty and stress related and all we can say it could clear up but can.t treat you and just hope for the best.he.s nearly lost all is teeth got false now the state of is face after he.s hit it and fallen down stairs even when had one of the kids in is arms.and they told im when renewal was up your not ill enough for dla but we ain.t saying your fit for work .now we getting benefit capped on top of this as large family and we got to work .they.re a laugh a child can have it if it got adhd or autism they go to school they go out the streets its a parents job anyway to watch them they no different than a bad behaved child but u don.t get any extra money for a badly behaved child.my husband lives on painkillers he.s hurt is back and a bad leg after all these blackouts plus hernia repair that didn.t work out to good plus depression cause he.s not fit for work but is not ill enough for dla.how ill have you got to be.

child can have it if it got adhd or autism they go to school they go out the streets its a parents job anyway to watch them they no different than a bad behaved child
How dare you. I am Autistic. I have meltdowns (or bad behaviour as you put it) and there's a very good reason for it. We are different to badly behaved children - our parents do not choose to have Autistic children, it's sod all to do with our upbringing too. Unless you can explain why, when my sister, brother (who is Autistic too) and myself were all brought up the same, two of us have Autism?

Can I suggest you actually get your facts right before talking such crap? There's a lot more to Autism than bad behaviour. A lot of my behaviour issues are related to depression, sensory issues, (too much light / noise is physically painful - too much light brings on migraine) frustration because no-one can understand my speech (I do talk; but most people don't understand me) and change of routine.

Most people with Autism do have other disabilities alongside.

yeah some do and believe i.ve family who got them and play the system big time she claims for everything but her child is no more different than my child .he goes to school on is own he goes the street he gies to the shop .my son who hates noise is a quite person and normally well behaved who will lose is rag quite easily if some one says something not nice or kids are to noisey and he will go bonkers through things scream cry and will hurt you .all this in a blink of an eye .he gets days he don.t want to go to school he don.t like changes in his life like new teachers or certain lessons he.s 8 . and as always been like this .so i do know what i.m talking about i don.t get help cause my son gets upset over something or cause he don.t like doing something. or cause he got to have things done a certain way why should a child be any diffrent the parents are there to look after their child .adults are different my argue ment is not all adhd or autism children should get help as their needs are no different to a normal child its the parents responsabilty to look after the child at the end of the day not to get extra money for them just cause they ain.t quite normal .cause i know in this case the money is used on their lifesyle not the childs new top of the range phones and top of the range computers 60 inch tvs .the parents don.t work just so you know they coated out in top of the range clothes .i just think everyone who wants dla should be seen before awarded.

We are seen - in the last 3 years I've had MRIs, a hearing test, 2 assessments by a psychiatrist, numerous eye tests. (including for tunnel vision, glaucoma and colours) Why does anyone else need to assess disabled people? Some of us get enough assessments already.

That child may be no different to that child in your opinion. You probably won't see the meltdowns, the struggles of the parent to get the child to eat, wash, go to sleep, get dressed, etc.

It may be the parents responsibility; but the child has extra needs - most of them can be quite costly.

we live by each other in its my cousin and believe me ni different she had help of someone who got a very bad auyistic child and played it well she boosted about it from the time she had him he wad ignored dumped in a chair infront of a tv and that was is days activity while she was on the computer all day he wad ignored .i.m not saying everyone but wouldn.t you rather everyone was seen to make sure that what they say is weong with them is right god i prob could give 100 names easy for people who work on the side and claim this.we struggled to get for my husband when he was taken ill and we .ve lost it due to the change but we only had it after an independant doctor came to our house and so for himself how bad he was and he couldn.t believe we didn.t get straight away. some people play the system .an extra 300+ a month on top of benefits who isn.t going to lie.they.ve never worked a day in their life and why should they when everything is just handed to them.i for one think its the only way the right people have what they are entitled to is to be seen you can put anything on paper .

No, I'd rather not everyone was seen. I undergo enough tests each year, some of which are painful. I don't understand why I should be seen by anyone else to prove I am genuine. Or is 23 years of medical history not good enough?

it all depends on whats wrong with you most people are genuine but half will play it why should someone who says they can.t walk or move their arms cause of some illness be telling the truth perhaps not everyone but for children with adhd and autism i think they should be seen not all the people are that bad is what i.m trying to say .my husband went through 4 years of tests mri scans. bloods starvation diets to see what was wrong with him and the best they said was we.re not sure and fingers crossed it will cure it self so i do know what i.m talking about yes depression is the worst which made is blackouts worse.l had to watch my husband go from a fit and healthy man who lived life to someone who couldn.t sleep as afraid he wouldn.t wake up to couldn.t be bothered to bath or change clothes my husband use to bath 3 times a day he was so house proud clean top to bottom every day to couldn.t be bothered to do anything we don.t get help he can move is arms and legs doesn.t matter that he.s been suscidal won.t take anti depressions as made im worse believe me if i left him he would kill himself he tells me that .its the only reason he hasn.t cause he loves me so much.

some are not all .why should a child who got autism be helpwd more than a child who as behaver issues then or some other condition that you can.t get dla for there are kids with austim who only perhaps need things done a certain why all times and others who don.t quite understand what your telling them the signs of danger etc.not evert autistic child should get it i.m saying whats so different fir that child compared to a child who is sensitive to noise and due to this can lose is temper quite easy .autistic children do have quite normal lives .if its my child why would i need extra money for cause the child can.t always unstand certain things or don.t quite behave as a normal child as its parent its mt responsabilty to look after them equal don.t see why i would need extra money cause if that.autistic people work they go shopping they ride a bus / train on their own whats the extra money for i don.t see why thy need extra help .bare in mind i.m talking about. people who ain.t got it badly and i.m not picking on anyone just cause u have something wrong with you .i wear 2 hearing aids and without these i m deaf with them i struggle to hear as well unless your talking to my face slowly and clearly i can manage to hear you i.ve never received anything i.ve suffer headaches from wearing all the time as its the noises around you i seem to hear. than anything

some are not all .why should a child who got autism be helpwd more than a child who as behaver issues then or some other condition that you can.t get dla for there are kids with austim who only perhaps need things done a certain why all times and others who don.t quite understand what your telling them the signs of danger etc.not evert autistic child should get it i.m saying whats so different fir that child compared to a child who is sensitive to noise and due to this can lose is temper quite easy .autistic children do have quite normal lives .if its my child why would i need extra money for cause the child can.t always unstand certain things or don.t quite behave as a normal child as its parent its mt responsabilty to look after them equal don.t see why i would need extra money cause if that.autistic people work they go shopping they ride a bus / train on their own whats the extra money for i don.t see why thy need extra help .bare in mind i.m talking about. people who ain.t got it badly and i.m not picking on anyone just cause u have something wrong with you .i wear 2 hearing aids and without these i m deaf with them i struggle to hear as well unless your talking to my face slowly and clearly i can manage to hear you i.ve never received anything i.ve suffer headaches from wearing all the time as its the noises around you i seem to hear. than anything

What do you think autism is? You seem confused.

We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office ~ Aesop

I think arianna is confusing ADHD with Autism (or I hope she is),,and she is right in that a lot of 'naughty' kids are labelled ADHD.(I know one very very well,,shes no more ADHD than I am but Mum gets DLA for her)

Lillibelle

I only know what I know cos I know it,I only give advice,I'm not legally trained nor do I pretend to be.

i know very well what it is i.ve 3 cousins all boys with it youngest one 8 his speech ain.t great and gives funny expressions he don.t always make eye contact until he gets to know you he.s bright other wise.now he plays in the street he goes to school on is own i.ve never known im to mis behave .second cousins was slow development soon caught up he excelled in school as one of their top pupils he spoke is mind and got into trouble for this doesn.t always understand the meaning of things when not to do something.he has is own routine is own way to do stuff it don.t stop him having friends going out riding a bus on is own he.s16 why does he need extra money for every month he don.t need a carer .so explain to me why a child who can do this needs more money they don.t eatno different and if they did a child who as food allergy etc don.t get extra help.why would extra money help them with an adult to live on their own with bad autism yeah but why a child .sorry if it offends you i can.t see the difference between 1 child who is'nt autistic but as needs and special handling than a child who has autism and just needs a bit more of their parents attention.

You said "Autistic children have normal lives" - they do? Can you tell that to someone whose child can't talk? Oh, and we don't live normal lives. I can't eat certain foods due to texture, woke up every morning at 4.30am because I could hear my fathers alarm go off, (they were in another room and their door was shut) my brother got expelled because the school he was at couldn't deal with his behaviour.

Maybe you should look up at what Autism actually is before spouting such ignorant rubbish. Autism is a real condition. Just because you can't see it, it doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

As for extra costs - I can't eat certain foods, (partly due to wheat intolerance) I need ear plugs, (someone managed to get me some really good pairs for free, thankfully) coloured paper because white paper is too bright, I can't wear certain clothes, I have a strange gait, meaning I go through shoes quickly, I have a need to chew and require stuff for that, etc.

Autistic children don't just need a little bit more attention. Some don't talk and either need aids or someone to relay for them, some are incontinent and require nappies, etc.

Edited by Nystagmite

i know very well what it is i.ve 3 cousins all boys with it youngest one 8 his speech ain.t great and gives funny expressions he don.t always make eye contact until he gets to know you he.s bright other wise.now he plays in the street he goes to school on is own i.ve never known im to mis behave .second cousins was slow development soon caught up he excelled in school as one of their top pupils he spoke is mind and got into trouble for this doesn.t always understand the meaning of things when not to do something.he has is own routine is own way to do stuff it don.t stop him having friends going out riding a bus on is own he.s16 why does he need extra money for every month he don.t need a carer .so explain to me why a child who can do this needs more money they don.t eatno different and if they did a child who as food allergy etc don.t get extra help.why would extra money help them with an adult to live on their own with bad autism yeah but why a child .sorry if it offends you i can.t see the difference between 1 child who is'nt autistic but as needs and special handling than a child who has autism and just needs a bit more of their parents attention.

As DLA is based on care and mobility needs and not a diagnosis, if your family members are claiming DLA for children who have no care or mobility needs, then they're commiting benefit fraud. There is no automatic entitlement to DLA because of autism, you need to have the care or mobility needs in order to qualify. Any other child who has additional care or mobility needs in excess of that required by another child, is entitled to claim DLA if they meet the criteria.

adhd what i.m told by my health visitor is more often bad parenting and that i do agree i.ve seen parents pushing doctors to have their child confirmed for adhd or autism just to get dla just cause they can.t handle their child they.ve ignored most of their life and want more money to spend on their self.my kids have been looked after by me and my husband never asked our parents to have them we don.t drink never been on holidays don.t go out we do go out for day trips to a nice country spot where we.re on our own and don.t cost us anything we camp there sometimes take food with us.my husband as blackouts not so bad now as long as no stress thats all on my shoulders they can.t even confirm if its epilepsy even though he.s been know to fit .no longer able to get dla as of june last year .

adhd what i.m told by my health visitor is more often bad parenting and that i do agree i.ve seen parents pushing doctors to have their child confirmed for adhd or autism just to get dla just cause they can.t handle their child they.ve ignored most of their life and want more money to spend on their self.my kids have been looked after by me and my husband never asked our parents to have them we don.t drink never been on holidays don.t go out we do go out for day trips to a nice country spot where we.re on our own and don.t cost us anything we camp there sometimes take food with us.my husband as blackouts not so bad now as long as no stress thats all on my shoulders they can.t even confirm if its epilepsy even though he.s been know to fit .no longer able to get dla as of june last year .

My mum pushed for my brother to get a diagnosis. Guess what? She was right - he is Autistic. She knew there was something wrong with him. She tried to push for me to get a different diagnosis (epilepsy, if you're interested) and was constantly told I don't have it. I actually did have it.

i know very well what it is

Do you?

Autism is a disorder of neural development characterized by impaired social interaction and communication, and by restricted and repetitive behavior. The diagnostic criteria require that symptoms become apparent before a child is three years old.[2] Autism affects information processing in the brain by altering how nerve cells and their synapses connect and organize; how this occurs is not well understood.[3] It is one of three recognized disorders in the autism spectrum (ASDs), the other two being Asperger syndrome, which lacks delays in cognitive development and language, and pervasive developmental disorder, not otherwise specified (commonly abbreviated as PDD-NOS), which is diagnosed when the full set of criteria for autism or Asperger syndrome are not met.[4]

You can continue reading up on it HERE if you wish ...

ADHD is a completely different thing. It's like trying to say an articulated truck is the same as a mini.

You seem very bitter about what others have, and what you don't have. The fact that you have troubles with your husband's entitlement doesn't negate others' entitlements. I wish you luck with securing assistance for your husband, but maybe start a new thread to discuss this further.

loads of people got food allergys and bed wetting problems my 14 year old daughter is one of them all her life she.s suffered bladder problems she.s 5.9 size 9/12 shoe is extremelly flat footed and needs shoes every month i don.t get help have you tried buying shoes for a teenage girl fashion shoes in that size cheaply you can.t .we stopped going to bed wetting clinic as they insulted her as she can.t hold her self either during day time.she.s not bright and i always thought she has adhd or something as she sufferes terrible tantrums and don.t think before she speaks gets into arguments all the time cause of this.what did health vistor do send us to a councillor waste of time give her time outs.i.ve said what i.m entitled to think its my opinion and its my right to have these if you don.t like it ignore it .its not going to change. sorry.

loads of people got food allergys and bed wetting problems my 14 year old daughter is one of them all her life she.s suffered bladder problems she.s 5.9 size 9/12 shoe is extremelly flat footed and needs shoes every month i don.t get help have you tried buying shoes for a teenage girl fashion shoes in that size cheaply you can.t .we stopped going to bed wetting clinic as they insulted her as she can.t hold her self either during day time.she.s not bright and i always thought she has adhd or something as she sufferes terrible tantrums and don.t think before she speaks gets into arguments all the time cause of this.what did health vistor do send us to a councillor waste of time give her time outs.i.ve said what i.m entitled to think its my opinion and its my right to have these if you don.t like it ignore it .its not going to change. sorry.

May I suggest you start your own thread. People may well be able to advise you on how to go about getting appropriate help and support for your children. I sympathise, I've met lots of parents who spend many years trying to get the right help for their children. This thread isn't the right place for this discussion though, as it is about the criteria changes from DLA to PIP.

i.m not bitter about anything i.ve always had that opinion .if a child got mobilty needs so be it but the parents care for that child when its ill whats so different when they neef that extra care during the day its your child are u saying without dla you can.t care for the child .my child my resposabilty not to get extra money all children need some extra help through life and but don.t get help.this my last post don.t meen to offend anyone .