febmizz

Quick ATOS assessment?

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2474 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Helloo people,

So my aunty had atos assessment today she was really not well but forced her to go there for assessment.

She required an interpreter to translate throughout the assessment.

She walked few steps, confused as hell, became quite tearful and made her comfortable in the room.

The person who assessed seemed very caring and sympathetic till the end.

she asked about few simple question and asked to go home in about 15 minutes total assessment.

Now Question is why was it so quick? Is that something to worry about?? :|:|:|

My assessment took 10 minutes and I was signed off for a year.

I guess they are all different.

No way of knowing/telling until they contact her.

Good Luck.

Could be that the assesor saw how upset your aunty was and had seen enough to make a decision without upsetting her further

If I have been of any help, please click on my star and let me know, thank you.

According to ATOS an assessment takes between 20 minutes and 2 hours so that was 5 minutes short of their normal. They either cut it short because they felt she met the necessary criteria for a group or they assessed all areas they needed to assess and were sure in themselves of the other questions. Ultimately although I think one is more likely than another you won't know until you get the result. You can phone straight away and ask for the ESA85 to be sent to you.

My last assessment which was in Burnly, a 2 hour round trip, lasted 5 minutes!! I was awarded my claim.