minmac

Lowell and orange 'debt', defaults put back after orange removed them!

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2478 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi everyone. I hope someone can give me some advice.

I had an Orange contract phone I ended up not paying as I was admitted to hospital with a very serious illness.

it took me a year to recover and recently I looked at my credit file as I knew it was shot to pieces from all the payments I missed with everything.

Orange had defaulted me.

I contacted them and explained the situation and told them I am willing to pay as I know I owe the money.

They removed the default straight away and then passed the account Lowell for collection in November 2012.

I contacted Lowell straight away by email telling them I would pay the money in installments and I expect that no derogatory information would be placed on my credit file.

i began paying the installments as arranged. I have not missed a payment.

I looked at my credit file yesterday and have discovered that Lowell have placed another default on my credit file for this account.

I want to ask if they are allowed to do this.

1) - place a default when Orange removed the 1st one.

2) - place a default if I have been paying them and not missed any payments

Also I have noticed there are two different dates of the default on experian and equifax.

Experian shows it as being defaulted from Dec 2012 and Equifax shows it as being defaulted (from Lowell) from early 2011

- the date Orange originally defaulted me.

But equifax didnt even hold the account then... it was still owned by Orange until Nov 2012.

Thanks to anyone that can help.

Also - should I carry on paying the installments? If I have already been defaulted what more will lowell do?

Edited by minmac
Another Question

STOP talking to them (lowlifes) on the phone.

STOP these payments, and I bet you were conned into setting up a direct debit too? Cancel it and instruct the bank that under NO circumstances are Lowlifes OR Orange to be allowed access to your account without your express permission.

Start Orange' complaints procedure, and STOP discussing this over the phone, you must keep everything in writing and keep a diary of events.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Hi everyone. I hope someone can give me some advice.

I had an Orange contract phone I ended up not paying as I was admitted to hospital with a very serious illness.

it took me a year to recover and recently I looked at my credit file as I knew it was shot to pieces from all the payments I missed with everything.

Orange had defaulted me.

I contacted them and explained the situation and told them I am willing to pay as I know I owe the money.

They removed the default straight away and then passed the account Lowell for collection in November 2012.

I contacted Lowell straight away by email telling them I would pay the money in installments and I expect that no derogatory information would be placed on my credit file.

i began paying the installments as arranged. I have not missed a payment.

I looked at my credit file yesterday and have discovered that Lowell have placed another default on my credit file for this account.

I want to ask if they are allowed to do this.

1) - place a default when Orange removed the 1st one.

2) - place a default if I have been paying them and not missed any payments

Also I have noticed there are two different dates of the default on experian and equifax.

Experian shows it as being defaulted from Dec 2012 and Equifax shows it as being defaulted (from Lowell) from early 2011

- the date Orange originally defaulted me.

But equifax didnt even hold the account then... it was still owned by Orange until Nov 2012.

Thanks to anyone that can help.

Also - should I carry on paying the installments? If I have already been defaulted what more will lowell do?

Write to Lowells compliance manager with any confirmation you had from Orange about the default being removed. If Orange removed it as a discretionary act, I would hope that Lowells would also agree this, but they may not. As it was discretionary on Oranges part, I am not sure that Lowells are required to remove their default. Technically the Orange phone account they have taken over, is in default. You are paying back the money by instalments, against this default.

Lowells should correct the default date, if they don't agree to remove it.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

and unless lowlife own the debt

pay orange directly

dx

PLEASE DONT HIT QUOTE IF THE LAST POST IS THE ONE YOU ARE REPLYING TOO.

MAKES A THREAD TWICE AS LONG TO SCROLL THROUGH!

please do not post jpg images directly to a topic..USE PDF ....READ UPLOAD.

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here

Reclaim Bank Account, Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

The CAG Interest Tutorial Read Here

spreadsheets 

Thank You for replying guys. I am emailing Lowell now regarding this.

Also one more thing... did they have to inform me that they had placed this default? I only found out as I was looking at my credit report.

Right you need to write to the DATA CONTROLLER at Lowell copy in a seperate envelope to Sarah de Tute the Legal and Compliance Director, as follows.

Ref: use Lowells

Sir/Madam,

Formal Complaint.

I have recently checked my credit reference foles and have found that Lowell are now reporting on an Orange account

a copy of the entry is attached, I had been in contact with Orange regarding the conduct and payment of this account and Orange agreed to remove all default entries from credit files, and subsequently this was done.

Lowell having aquired this accountare now reporting the account as defaulted I believe the is manifestly unfair having agreed with the creditor that a default should be removed, any agreement between my self and Orange including repayments should be honoured.

I now require Lowell to remove all references to this matter from all credit reference files, a copy of this letter is being forwarded to the OFT and the ICO immediately.

send the Data Controller letter recorded the other one normal post.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide: