• Tweets

• Hi,   My friend was being bullied by a manager who kept saying that anonymous people were complaining about her, she is asian and the minority where she works, she raised concerns in her meeting that she felt it had something to do with her race and gets treated differently to the rest of her colleagues due to off the cuff comments previously made and was told by her manager that as a minority she has to prove herself more as a minority in life and thats unfortunately the way it is. Following on from this they’re were more anonymous complaints all revolving around her attitude when speaking to the anonymous individual(s), she then had a meeting with hr initiated by her managwe and expressed her concerns, no outcome was given as the hr person said it was informal and a week later she has been told that she is being made redundant, my question is there were no specific incidents mentioned and my friend is still confused exactly how this came about but suspects it’s her manager who has taken a disliking to her, is this lawful?
    • Thanks for advice . I have spoken to the ICO , and their opinion is that there “may “ be cause for complaint . In the first instance I should write to the hospital (CEO)citing GDPR, giving them 30 days to respond . If the response is not to my satisfaction , then back to the ICO to raise a formal complaint . The ICO also suggested copying in the GMC with the complaint , I feel at present that is one step too far , perhaps I will sit on that until I get a reply from the hospital.
    • Thanks ethel and stu007   Yes, we had the kerb double dropped so me and my partner can park off the road. Before , just had one, and idiot would park in middle of properties so couldn't fit two cars on road outside. Has been issued a good 3 or 4 PCNs for obstructing since done. Its the back of the car, sometimes as far as a wheel but has a long boot/bumper which hangs over, so its not fully over. Recently seems to be as far as can without getting a ticket.   CCTV - shall read up thanks. Oh also, when I say 5 CCTV, that is 4 on property (100% out of boundary) and 1 in car which is lit up all night.   Does this count as harassment? The initial start of this thread, about 6 threatening letters asking me to pay for vehicle damage or court (nothing came of this) The constant parking annoyance (going on a couple of years) The loud music, witnessed by Env heath officer but not quite loud enough for notice, so letters sent. Paint 'accidentally' spilled on road outside my property (because was parked over our drive at time) Letters about rubbish outside my own garage at rear of properties and the 4 screws attaching bamboo to his fence. Then reported me for fly tipping, didnt go anywhere as officer agreed wasn't causing an issue. I have since sorted the screws and bamboo and idiots fence is literally falling apart. Concreting over 1/4 of my grass in rear lane whilst doing own part. Stupid things like having a BBQ and the parasol sticking way over the fence into my garden. All very subtle and annoying things to cause issues, without quite breaking the law.   The council are aware and claim powerless as own properties and the police pretty much are not interested.   What can be done?    Cheers   E!              
    • Hi, any thoughts on this would be greatful, will send tomorrow i think.. letter_15th_oct.pdf
  • Our picks

Bev Bell

Shiply will not return £70 deposit

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2464 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I paid a deposit of £70 to Shiply for moving home - the mover defaulted at the last minute. I urgently needed another mover so paid another deposit - the second movers did as they promised. Shiply said they would not return my £70 deposit as it was over 28 days (29 daysvto be exact!). I will not accept the credit they have given me as i will never use it. I have emailed them with no luck. I have sent three letters, via signed delivery to their head office. No response. I am desperate for any advice. This is unacceptable and smacks of fraud in my eyes. Any advice would be gratefully received. I will not give up on this £70 of MY money. Thanks, bev

How did you pay ?

PLEASE NOTE - I am not a legal expert, what is stated is my own opinion and from what I have learnt from this forum and my own experiences.

DEBT COLLECTION LETTER/SAR/AGREEMENT TEMPLATES ARE HERE - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?65-legislation

IF WE HAVE BEEN HELPFUL -PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE GIVE A DONATION TO HELP US TO CONTINUE HELPING YOU

I AM HAPPY TO RECEIVE PM's AND I WILL RESPOND IF I FEEL I CAN ASSIST BUT WHEN YOU DO CAN YOU PLEASE PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD ON WHICH YOU WOULD LIKE ME TO COMMENT - THANK YOU

IMPORTANT - If you are sent a private message directing you for advice or support with your issues to another website,this is your choice.

Before you decide,consider the users here who have already offered help and support.

Private message facilities are offered for users to communicate issues that are/or could be seen to be inappropriate for posting on the main forum.Site rules explain this in more detail.

If you are approached by private message with a view to asking you to visit another website,please inform the site team via the report icon.

Forum rules - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/forum-rules-please-read/9-forum-rules-please-read.html

smacks of fraud in my eyes.

Where?

Check the terms and conditions you agreed to when paying the deposit.

29 days is not 28 days so you cannot use that one.

The deposit was taken to secure a booking for that day, the company may have now turned down other work on that day based on your job.

Unless there is more to this I do not see what Shiply have done wrong.

Ash.

If you think I have helped you, please add to my reputation by clicking the star button to the left.

Thankyou.

Where?

Check the terms and conditions you agreed to when paying the deposit.

29 days is not 28 days so you cannot use that one.

The deposit was taken to secure a booking for that day, the company may have now turned down other work on that day based on your job.

Unless there is more to this I do not see what Shiply have done wrong.

read post 1 again

the mover defaulted at the last minute

PHOTOBUCKET TUTORIAL IS NOW DONE HERE IT IS

Hi

Please have a read of the attached PDF on Shiply Website Terms of use.

Now I have 'HIGHLIGHTED' in the PDF the important parts for you but please look at the following -

2 - Our Service - Neutral Venue.

6 - Fees (Especially read 6.5)

7 - Cancellation

Hope this is of some use for you.

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

SHIPLY LIMITED

FLOOR 3

207 REGENT STREET

LONDON

UNITED KINGDOM

W1B 3HH

Company No. 06536861

Robert Matthams

Have you contacted the transport company to see why they never showed ?

Yes yes yes, my apologies. For some reason in my head the 'mover' was the person moving from the property you were moving to. My bad.

Ash.

If you think I have helped you, please add to my reputation by clicking the star button to the left.

Thankyou.

I've moved your thread into the General Consumers forums Bev.

If they are correct in not returning your deposit it must be because you cancelled, not the shifters failing to carry out their contract. However, because they are only middlemen it is a sod to get them to admit that you have a contract with them in the first place. If you paid by credit or debit card instigate a chargeback. it takes about 6 weeks to get your money back but the banks are pretty understanding bout these things now so they should send you a form to fill in. When you have initiated this tell shiply that you have instigated a chargeback and that you intend to recover your other losses from them jointly with the original shifters. it amy not be worthwhile to drag them through the courts but knowing they are going to have the bank take your cash back from them anyway may speed up their decision making processes when it comes to refunding you themselves.

Thanks for the advice - the person moving me cancelled as his wife apparently died?

I did not cancel or break the terms of the contact as far as I am concerned. My only mistake was to book well in advance which led to the 28 day issue!

Shiply have not had the courtesy to respond to any of my letters.

I will contact the bank and ask if they can withdraw the payment as suggested.

It's only £70 but it's the principle of the matter - how many other people are being ripped off by this company in the same way?

There is a Shiply company rep on these forums, I have sent him a private message inviting them to repsond....if they don't respond then please let us know...

PLEASE NOTE - I am not a legal expert, what is stated is my own opinion and from what I have learnt from this forum and my own experiences.

DEBT COLLECTION LETTER/SAR/AGREEMENT TEMPLATES ARE HERE - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?65-legislation

IF WE HAVE BEEN HELPFUL -PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE GIVE A DONATION TO HELP US TO CONTINUE HELPING YOU

I AM HAPPY TO RECEIVE PM's AND I WILL RESPOND IF I FEEL I CAN ASSIST BUT WHEN YOU DO CAN YOU PLEASE PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD ON WHICH YOU WOULD LIKE ME TO COMMENT - THANK YOU

IMPORTANT - If you are sent a private message directing you for advice or support with your issues to another website,this is your choice.

Before you decide,consider the users here who have already offered help and support.

Private message facilities are offered for users to communicate issues that are/or could be seen to be inappropriate for posting on the main forum.Site rules explain this in more detail.

If you are approached by private message with a view to asking you to visit another website,please inform the site team via the report icon.

Forum rules - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/forum-rules-please-read/9-forum-rules-please-read.html

Not a word from Shiply - off to Citizens Advice - am disgusted with their attitude

Edited by Conniff
correct typo

Send them a letter before action Bev and give them 7 days to refund or you will sue. You can do it on line and it will cost about £30 which you claim back.

It goes without saying, don't say you will sue unless you are prepared to go through with it.

https://www.moneyclaim.gov.uk/web/mcol/welcome