Product Recall of Pan Set, 2 days before Christmas!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3094 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I bought a "Hell's Kitchen" Pan Set from Studio about 6 months ago.

2 days before Christmas, they sent me a product recall for the pans, informing me that I should stop using then immediately.

This, just two days before cooking the most stressful meal of the year! No replacement, no apology, nothing!

Recall Letter

The second letter they sent stated they wanted everything back (pans, roaster & utensils etc).

They have said if I don't return everything, I will not be refunded.

I replaced the pans but did not consider that they would want the items that were OK back.

I discarded all of my old utensils when I bought this set.

The second letter which I've received this morning informs me someone will collect the set within the next 7 days.

I'm really unimpressed with the service and would appreciate peoples thoughts on the matter.

Settled Tribunal claim against employer regarding Disability Discrimination.

Recovered my money from an AXA Bonus Cash Builder Plus after discovering here on CAG that the original advertising was found to be misleading.

Cabot still can't provide a copy of Credit Agreement and have left me alone for about a year now.

I’ve just seen your thread about the Hell’s Kitchen Pan Set which you bought from Studio.

I also have a Pan Set which I bought in August, which has never caused me any problems.

I ‘m a bit concerned now because I haven’t received a second letter yet

- where did you get this from- their website or by email?

How would I get a copy?

As I have never had any problems with my pan set, I don’t know what to do.

I don’t really want to stop using mine – did you have any problems with yours?

Are you saying that you have to return everything in the set to get a full refund?

Does it say that on the letter or did customer services tell you.

I am always using my apron , oven gloves and roaster tin so don’t really want to return these.

Are you going to return all of the items to them?

Its all very confusing.

I've attached the second letter for you, which I received through the post along with a box to send the set back in.

They emailed me a dispatch notification for the empty box, the same as when I make an order.

They want the whole set back

I'm not happy with this and have complained about it.

I'm still waiting for their response but I'll let you know as soon as I hear, what their position is.

I think the roaster and oven gloves were the best part of the set!

I haven't had any problems with the pans either

according to them, there is a risk of the handles becoming detached.

Obviously if you have a large pan of spuds in boiling water for instance and the handle comes off while you're moving it,

it could result in serious injury to you and anyone else around.

I decided I was not willing to take the risk and in all honesty, the pans were not as good quality as I was expecting

for something carrying a brand like "Hell's Kitchen"

I never use metal utensils so had a wooden set which I threw away when we got the Hell's kitchens ones.

Argos are selling a really nice "Tefal Bistro Pan Set" for £35 which I bought to replace the HK ones. It's only the pans but they are excellent in my opinion.

If I were you, I'd contact Studio customer services and see what they say, or wait to see what response I obtain.

If they offer me an acceptable solution, they'd have to offer you the same.

Settled Tribunal claim against employer regarding Disability Discrimination.

Recovered my money from an AXA Bonus Cash Builder Plus after discovering here on CAG that the original advertising was found to be misleading.

Cabot still can't provide a copy of Credit Agreement and have left me alone for about a year now.

• 2 weeks later...

My mum bought us the Hells Kitchen Saucepan set just before Christmas and I am very reluctant to send them back.

They seem very strong to me, I don't tend to carry a saucepan full of liquid very far as my cooker is quite close to my sink.

The utensil set is lovely too so I think I'm going to take the risk and hold on to them.

I bought this saucepan set a few months ago,

can't find anything wrong with them but will send them back just in case

I really can't see any reason why i need to send the utensils and other bits back,

they are fine and nothing can really go wrong with them.

I've recently moved house and mislaid my roasting dish.

Do you think this would mean I won't get all my money back as I don't have the complete set to send.

I agree we shouldn't have to send all the extra stuff back if it's only the saucepans that have a fault.

This is all veryfrustrating.

What feedback has everyone had from customer services when complaining that we are required to return everything with the pans??

I really dont want to send everything back, especially if there is no real need.

Does anyone know what the cut-off date is for returning this item or what courierfirm deliver the packaging for the return?

• 2 years later...

There is an address at the bottom of the letters that have been posted in previous posts. Where did you purchase your product and how long ago ?

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

I have asked someone to look in on you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

why are they still selling a faulty product?

pers id send them a copy of their product recall posted above

and demand to know wHY they are still selling a dangerous product

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...