Smartbucket

Residential status on credit application forms

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2471 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi All,

I was hoping someone could give me some advice please. I have got a chequered credit history due to illness 5 years ago - including 2 defaults (2007 & 2009). Over the past 3-4 years I have no missed payments and 12 months ago managed to get a vanquis card and a capital one card to try and re-build my rating.

Anyway to my question..... when I apply for finance - I put my address in and then it asks for residential status. I privately rent the house I live in with my wife however I do own another house (with mortgage - which my ex-wife lives in and I can't come off the mortgage.) As I don't own the house I live in I select 'private rent' - is this correct?

Thanks for your help!

Cheers

Steve

Yes private rental is correct.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Private rental is correct as that is the status of your current address.

They will be able to see that you have a mortgage on a different property anyways as it will show up on your credit report