ScottMcleod63

Hi, new here and in need of help

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2476 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi folks, i am in need of some advice. While visiting my parents over christmas i recieved a letter from bcw (red castle?) i have attached the letter. My parents are understandably worried about this being attached to their address and unfortunately i didnt open the letter before the deadline on it. I have read here that i shouldn't call them and advice would be appreciated. I also have no knowlegde of ever being a customer of the client that the letter talks about.

Thanks in advance Scott.

Hello Scott....welcome to the Consumer Forums, I have approved your post, but not the attachment as although it is too small to read, it contains personal information......if your 'name' on CAG is also your real name you may like to change it as you will obviously be recognised....

If you have never been a customer of whoever they mention then you could possibly email them stating categorically that you have never ever held an account with XXXXX and can they clarify their position on whether they have tainted your credit files (which you can check for free). You should also state your displeasure at this and that if they continue to harrass you when you have never held an account with (XXXXX) then you will report them to the OFT and if necessary take legal action against them.

PLEASE NOTE - I am not a legal expert, what is stated is my own opinion and from what I have learnt from this forum and my own experiences.

DEBT COLLECTION LETTER/SAR/AGREEMENT TEMPLATES ARE HERE - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?65-legislation

IF WE HAVE BEEN HELPFUL -PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE GIVE A DONATION TO HELP US TO CONTINUE HELPING YOU

I AM HAPPY TO RECEIVE PM's AND I WILL RESPOND IF I FEEL I CAN ASSIST BUT WHEN YOU DO CAN YOU PLEASE PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD ON WHICH YOU WOULD LIKE ME TO COMMENT - THANK YOU

IMPORTANT - If you are sent a private message directing you for advice or support with your issues to another website,this is your choice.

Before you decide,consider the users here who have already offered help and support.

Private message facilities are offered for users to communicate issues that are/or could be seen to be inappropriate for posting on the main forum.Site rules explain this in more detail.

If you are approached by private message with a view to asking you to visit another website,please inform the site team via the report icon.

Forum rules - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/forum-rules-please-read/9-forum-rules-please-read.html