andytheguv

Penalty Charge Notice PCN 50R - Performing a prohibited turn

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2479 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi. I hope someone can help me.

My wife received a PCN 50R for tuning into a right hand turn whre there is a No Right turn sign. The sign is beyond the turning though so you don’t see it until you are actually on the turn or performing the turn.

Does anyone think this is wrong and can help with stuff please?

Thanks in advance.

PCN1 is in advance on the right hand turn and PCN2 is almost on top of it. You can see in PCN1 that the bus obscures the sign.

Andy

This really needs to be moved to the correct part of the forum (Speeding and Motoring Offences).

If that is the only sign provided I would challenge it on the basis of "inadequate signage".

By definition that sign means "no right turn AHEAD". If they place the sign physically after the point at which you would have turned, then it can no longer mean AHEAD as you have passed the junction by then!

• Confused 1