Paul, help with Barclaycard.

paul1958
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3846 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All,

long time reader first time poster.

I hope someone can help.

I received my SAR info from Barclaycard and have found that since my reduced payment plan started in 2004 interest was added for the first 11 months.

Then the interest stopped and the balance was reduced for the next 21 months.

Then the balance reduced to zero(which was not actually the case)

and I carried on paying the monthly payments for 65 months,

but this has never shown on their records.

The debt was then sold to CABOT who I now make regular payments to

.I have not missed a single monthly payment from the start and it seems I now owe more than I did in the first place .

Could someone please point me in the right direction.

Thanks

Paul

Hello and Welcome Paul,

I've moved this thread to the appropriate Forum, hopefully you'll get some help shortly.

Regards,

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

what

been paying sinced 2004!

get your cra file [see below noddle is free]

i bet it was sold when the bal went to '0'

crapbot have purchased the debt

and i bet every penny has gone in their profit pocket

CCA crapbot now.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi Paul. As dx says cca cabot now. You say that your debt is now greater than when you started? Are cabot sending you statements. All seems very odd to me, something stinks.

Any opinion I give is from personal experience .

Yes, there does seem to be a real problem here.

You might want to send Subject Access Request to Barclayshark to obtain statements so you can see what has gone on.

It sounds very much to me as though they have continued to add interest whilst you are on the reduced payment plan. Did you get acceptance of the plan in writing and do they confirm they will stop interest.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Hi Paul,

As the a/c has been with Cabot for so long, I think the SAR should be sent to them along with a CCA request. Both are in the Library - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?65-legislation

The SAR to Cabot should show how the debt has altered over the months and years with each payment.

SAR - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?417-A-Subject-Access-Request-for

CCA request - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?414-CCA-request-letter

Can you give us approx figures of what the debt was when sold to Cabot, what it was when they stopped adding interest, and what the debt is now.

Do you have the old BC a/c statements. If so :-

1. How far back do they go.

2. Can you see any penalty charges and/or PPI being added to the a/c before the sale to Cabot.

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Hi all ,the debt has only recently been transfered to CABOT .I have a SAR from barclaycard and the dates from 2004 refer to barclaycard not Cabot.I have done the credit report on Noodle and to my amazement it is 5/5

Thanks

Paul

Hi Paul,

Does the SAR response from BC show any penalty charges and/or PPI charges.

On what date did the BC balance reduce to zero. I'd have thought THAT was when the a/c was sold, either to Cabot or to another DCA.

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

you say the debt has only recently been transfered to cabot

how do you know this?

time to ask where your payments have gone

i take it you fell for a threat-o-gram and paid

that sar to crapbot will be interesting!

i'd total up what you have paid

and take that off the original balance from BC

where do you stand then?

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thanks all for your replies.I think I need to go after BC first,then deal with CABOT.Has anyone got any ideas on how to go about this or are there any template letters which I could adapt to get the ball rolling

Thanks

Paul

Hi Paul,

I think you should send the CCA request to Cabot as it's them who are chasing the debt and you need to see if they have the paperwork required for them to do this with any authority.

BC are likely to simply refer you to Cabot now anyway as BC no longer own the debt.

You haven't told us if there are any penalty charges or PPI showing as charged to the a/c. Any such charges can be reclaimed in full plus interest.

I thought PPI could only be reclaimed if it was mis sold as for penalty charges,the old ones yes but not so easy on the £12 ones

In your SAR bundle did you get a list of payments received. Those you need to find out about

I thought PPI could only be reclaimed if it was mis sold as for penalty charges,the old ones yes but not so easy on the £12 ones

Penalty charges can be reclaimed in full, whether they were from before the OFT £12 limit was imposed, or after.

PPI can be reclaimed if it was missold or inappropriate and there are many circumstances in which PPI will be repaid by the bank.

• 4 months later...

Hi All ,a quick update .I have been made an offer from Barclaycard for interest and charges back to 2005,but I know that interest was being charged back to 2001.Do you think that this is worth pursuing.Also could anyone tell me if the settlement would be paid to me or to Cabot

Thanks Paul

if they don't OWN the debt they cannot offset

dx

and they

Hi Paul,

Have you entered the penalty charges data onto your own spreadsheet to see if what they're offering to refund is fair - I doubt it will be !

Use a rate of 24.9% on this spreadsheet and enter the date and amount of each penalty - http://www.shweb.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/interestcalcs.xls

Any refund will be used to clear any debt outstanding with the DCA. If they no longer own the debt and you make a reclaim, BC may well repurchase the debt from the DCA to enable this.

if they don't OWN the debt they cannot offset

dx

I have heard of instances where the new creditor has returned part of the assignment to the OC. who have then offset

I have heard of instances where the new creditor has returned part of the assignment to the OC. who have then offset

This is true. I think it was a B/shark one as well.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Cabot CANNOT pay any refund of PPI and/or charges to BC.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

If BC see a refund is likely to be due, they may well repurchase the a/c from the new owner.

However, unless they actually repurchase the a/c, they cannot simply withhold all or part of a refund because a debt remains unpaid with the new a/c owner.

:-D

• Haha 1

Hi all ,a quick update I have filled in the spreadsheet and what Barclaycard have offered me is nowhere near this figure,so Ive rejected it.I'll keep you all posted when I get a response

Hi all ,a quick update I have filled in the spreadsheet and what Barclaycard have offered me is nowhere near this figure,so Ive rejected it.I'll keep you all posted when I get a response

:thumb:

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Hi Paul,

Noted and, while you wait for a reply to the LBA, use the time to research your next moves re PoC's, Filing the N1 Claim Form with CCMCC, etc.