Received a claim form and have now requested for an installment plan. What will happen next?

Mahale
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4130 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

A week or so ago i received a claim from Northampton County Court on behalf of Arrow Global/Shoosmiths. It was regarding a £5639 debt (initially with MBNA).

For going on a year i've regretfully been ignoring the debt. Since the receipt of the claim, i've made a huge attempt to cut expenses, in order to make space for a significant monthly installment payment. Through the cuts made, i am now able to offer a sum of £180 per month. I sent a claim form with my incoming/outgoings and am now nervously anticipating whether they will accept the offer.

There are now a few questions which are running through my head about what will happen next. Will i now receive a simple acceptance/rejection letter from Shoosmiths? Will they ask for evidence in the form of payslips and bank statements? Will i be ordered to court in order for them to obtain information?

As an extra note, in a separate letter i was sent, i was told a monthly installment offer would not refrain them from going ahead with a CCJ. I've fully accepted a CCJ will be put on my credit file. What it has left me wondering is, what will be the claimants next step? Will they send me a writ of execution whilst also considering the installment offer?

Sorry for the load of questions. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I just feel pretty bewildered about what will happen next, and would love to know what to expect in advance.

Thanks.

Hello and Welcome Mahale.

I have moved your thread to our Legal Issues Forum and unapproved your other two posts, please continue to post here regarding this issue.

Thanks,

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

when did you take out the card?

did you CCA them?

you can either fight it or you can pay, either way the worse thing that will happen is a ccj.

give more information.

If my advice helped you please click my star