ladydriver

New Hastings customer-shocking fee!

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2480 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hello, I have just recently taken out an insurance policy with Hastings and, for reasons unknown, my first direct debit payment has (according to hastings) been cancelled. I have never seen the instruction on my account, and had not thought any more of it, until I received a letter from Hastings yesterday informing me of a missing payment; the letter stated that I had until 4/1 to pay £40+.

I have just called to resolve the problem and been told that I had to pay the £40+ PLUS a £20 fee. I was shocked at the cost and was just told "well, do you want to or not?"

How can that be right? A £20 fee!?

I wish I had researched this company on here before taking out insurance with them-if anyone has any advice on these charges I'd be grateful.

Thank you

Hi Ladydriver, Thanks for taking the time to post about your experience. I am sorry to hear that you are unhappy with the charges applied for missed direct debit payments. I would be happy to look into this situation for you and try to help you resolve this matter, if you could send me some details about your policy I would be happy to investigate. socialmedia@hastingsdirect.com Many Thanks, Jamie

Hi Jamie,

I did email Hastings Direct following my post on here; you're the only person that's got in touch with me. Thanks for your help.

Thank you. I've not heard anything so far. I will need to look for alternative insurance if no-one plans to get in touch so would be grateful if you could let me know.