style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2472 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I've just bought a new Mobile phone from the Carphone Warehouse website. From the list of phones, tariffs and free gifts I picked the recommended deal highlighted on their website.

There should have been no upfront cost but I received the phone yesterday and the paperwork says I've been charged £20 and also the tariff they've given me isn't the one I picked.

I have all the order confirmation which proves what I have ordered. I have just got off the phone to them trying to sort it out with them basically saying there's nothing they can do about it as it was a system error and what I saw advertised was incorrect. I told them I've got the proof of what I ordered and they said it doesn't matter as that deal doesn't exist so they can't do anything about it !

They've said that I can return everything for a refund but that's not good enough to me, why can't they honour the deal that I've paid for ?

Where do I stand legally ?

What is the difference between what was offered and what you have recieved?

What network is it with?

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar

Tell them you dont care about their system error, you want what was advertised or a complete refund. Unfortunately you can only get back what you have put in and in this case it is a certain amount of money. When you get your cash back report to trading standards for false advertising. If TS get more than 1 complaint about the same thing I'm sure they wont believe the systems error excuse. keep an eye on your bank account for any contract charges from this phone though. If that happens you will certtainly have good cause to claim against them for the wrong contract and loss of opportunity.

What is the difference between what was offered and what you have recieved?

What network is it with?

They were saying it was a different tariff to what was advertised and there was supposed to be no upfront cost but they charged me £20 to my debit card.

Really long story short, after arguing with about 4 different people over the phone from Carphone Warehouse they have agreed to honour the deal that I bought and said they will put a cheque in the post to refund the £20 that shouldn't have been charged.

I'm not very impressed with them really, seems like they don't have a clue what they are doing but at least I've got what I bought now.