gporter3319

BW Legal.Statutory Demand

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2108 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Well sent the forms off for the Set aside and had the court date back today. Feb 15th.We put reason for set aside as non compliance of CCA request.Hope this works!!

Not a name I know of, why ?

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy -

HERE

2: Take back control of your finances -

Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors?

Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt

Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated -

Please Read

BCOBS

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

New letter from BW Legal today."Notice of Acting"

Whats that all about?

I have today printed off all the letters I sent to Lowell in 2010 ready for court on Feb 15th.Does the fact they they never supplied me with the CCA and just sent the credit Card application still stand up in court?

non compliance with s78 request is reason for dispute and a triable issue which makes their demand unsuitable for the insolvency courts.

You need to look at some of the more recent set asides in order to know what you will need to take/ rely on.

http://www.bailii.org/ew/cases/EWHC/Mercantile/2011/B3.html

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

HERE

Debt Diaries

Read Here

Read Here

Please Read

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

HERE

Debt Diaries

Read Here

Read Here

Please Read

BCOBS

Thanks for that citizenb,read through them but to be honest dont really understand them.Thank you anyway :-)

Have a read through other threads.. this one was recently adjourned have a look and see what the Judge has said - it will also give you an idea of why you would be relying on those judgments.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?376425-Statutory-Demand-received-Hearing-Adjourned(1-Viewing)-nbsp

HERE

Debt Diaries

Read Here

Read Here

Please Read

BCOBS

Right then off to court to see what lowlife have to say for themselves.Hope they dont turn up.....

If they do, then be cautious, say that you will listen to what they say, it has been known for things said in the waiting room to be carried over to court, and a person who seems nice and friendly in the waiting room can turn in the court room. Be polite but firm, speak a little louder than normal, puff out your chest and show the judge just how angry and upset you are at having to deal with this....good luck.

PLEASE NOTE - I am not a legal expert, what is stated is my own opinion and from what I have learnt from this forum and my own experiences.

DEBT COLLECTION LETTER/SAR/AGREEMENT TEMPLATES ARE HERE - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?65-legislation

IF WE HAVE BEEN HELPFUL -PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE GIVE A DONATION TO HELP US TO CONTINUE HELPING YOU

I AM HAPPY TO RECEIVE PM's AND I WILL RESPOND IF I FEEL I CAN ASSIST BUT WHEN YOU DO CAN YOU PLEASE PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD ON WHICH YOU WOULD LIKE ME TO COMMENT - THANK YOU

IMPORTANT - If you are sent a private message directing you for advice or support with your issues to another website,this is your choice.

Before you decide,consider the users here who have already offered help and support.

Private message facilities are offered for users to communicate issues that are/or could be seen to be inappropriate for posting on the main forum.Site rules explain this in more detail.

If you are approached by private message with a view to asking you to visit another website,please inform the site team via the report icon.

Forum rules - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/forum-rules-please-read/9-forum-rules-please-read.html

Call the judge sir / madam

PLEASE NOTE - I am not a legal expert, what is stated is my own opinion and from what I have learnt from this forum and my own experiences.

DEBT COLLECTION LETTER/SAR/AGREEMENT TEMPLATES ARE HERE - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?65-legislation

IF WE HAVE BEEN HELPFUL -PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE GIVE A DONATION TO HELP US TO CONTINUE HELPING YOU

I AM HAPPY TO RECEIVE PM's AND I WILL RESPOND IF I FEEL I CAN ASSIST BUT WHEN YOU DO CAN YOU PLEASE PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD ON WHICH YOU WOULD LIKE ME TO COMMENT - THANK YOU

IMPORTANT - If you are sent a private message directing you for advice or support with your issues to another website,this is your choice.

Before you decide,consider the users here who have already offered help and support.

Private message facilities are offered for users to communicate issues that are/or could be seen to be inappropriate for posting on the main forum.Site rules explain this in more detail.

If you are approached by private message with a view to asking you to visit another website,please inform the site team via the report icon.

Forum rules - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/forum-rules-please-read/9-forum-rules-please-read.html

Don't interrupt, but do backtrack on points raised that you are not happy with. Don't be bullied...let us hope you get a decent judge too

Lost,Judge was a stuck up pompous git.Wouldn't listen to anything we had to say.Gave Lowells £890 cost and 14 days in which to file bankruptcy papers.He did admit that there was no chance or point to the partion but gave it to them anyway.Reason for not setting aside was they had a reconstituted agreement and he was happy with that............

Oh no.. I am sure 42man will be along soon..

HERE

Debt Diaries

Read Here

Read Here

Please Read

BCOBS

This was just in your wife's name only, wasnt it ? And you have negative equity. I think Lowells have probably not done themselves any favours that's for sure. As they wont be first in the queue..

HERE

Debt Diaries

Read Here

Read Here

Please Read

BCOBS

Yeah in the wife's name only.Our home is valued at around £90,000,we owe £106,000 on the mortgage.We also have a £15000 charging order on the house so they have little or no chance of getting anything from bankruptcy.She is also on long term incapacity benefit......

I'm very, very sorry to read this, it sounds like you had a poor judge.....are you able to post up the agreement (minus personal details) ? Did it have your name and address on it by chance ? Do you know if the interest on the agreement corresponds with the amount in the statements ?

I wish I could have had a look at your 6.5 witness statement

sorry to read this gporter. sometimes a recon is accepted, but it should be accurate. from your other thread #36 re cca request it was suggested there that response wasn't, but that was some time ago (and the posted links there seem to be broken). did you do another one since, or a sar?

Edited by Ford

IMO

:-):rant:

No didn't do another cca.

We have been looking around this forum and others regarding going bankrupt

and it appears that even that costs around £500 to do it yourself.

So being has there is negative equity in our home and no other assets we are going to let Lowell go down that road without contesting it.

They have nothing to gain has the (Judge rightly told them) and we are pretty sure that we cant lose our home.

If and when they do go down that road can my wife put the other debts that she has onto this?thus clearing all of them or is it just the Lowlife debt?

No didn't do another cca.We have been looking around this forum and others regarding going bankrupt and it appears that even that costs around £500 to do it yourself.So being has there is negative equity in our home and no other assets we are going to let Lowell go down that road without contesting it.They have nothing to gain has the (Judge rightly told them) and we are pretty sure that we cant lose our home.If and when they do go down that road can my wife put the other debts that she has onto this?thus clearing all of them or is it just the Lowlife debt?

If you are going to allow Lowells to make your bankrupt then yes.. you must ensure that ALL debts are included. Ford has given you some links to work with, but perhaps have a word with Nat Debtline they are pretty good at explaining these things and will certainly be able to let you know what to expect.

HERE

Debt Diaries

Read Here

Read Here

Please Read

BCOBS

Hi Guys, when we failed to get our lowwell debt Set Aside judge gave them until the 28th March to go for Bankruptcy, is it usual for them to contact us before they do this or is the fact they they have not contacted us a sign that they dont think it is worth it going down that route.Like the Judge said they coul;d but there was no point in doing so....

They would have to arrange to hand serve a bankruptcy petition first, so it looks like they are not currently looking at this. But BW Legal/Lowells don't appear to work within any timescales that are set for them or show any commonsense, so you cannot rule out that they won't.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread