BW Legal.Statutory Demand

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3726 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Afraid so so but set a side again and point this out being the second within 12 months...not knowing your thread ...but why did your last application fail?

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

I seem to recall that there were no assets to be had and that the property is in negative equity, gporter - is this still the case ?

I would say that you could possibly mention "abuse of process" in any application to set aside.

Creditor already issued stat demand and failed to follow through with BR petition - why ?

Your situation remains the same.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

looks like they maybe trying to avoid the insolv rules requirement (as mentioned) to 'explain' a petition after 4 mths of an sd (or the J's poss 30 day direction) by doing a new one? as citb suggests, can they just repeat the process every 4 mths? why did they issue the first SD if they didn't intend to petition for bankruptcy following it? why didn't they petition? they had the 30 days, and then 4 mths? they had plenty of time, has anything changed since?

Hi Ford, the 1st sd was in January last year 2013,went to court lost because the judge was a git who wouldnt listen to us at all and said we couldnt set aside.He also suggested to bw legal that they should go down the bankruptcy route "although there is no point" his words within 30 days.Then nothing for a year until the other day

hi

ok, is a year ago' no contact from them since? no change in circumstances? seems they're taking the proverbial P?

just to double check, this is another sd and not a bankruptcy petition?

maybe the issues/points mentioned could be mentioned in a set aside app'n? if you decide to do that. maybe this time it will get set aside?

see what citb, andy etc say.

Don't know if this makes any difference but just checked Noodle and this particular account that defaulted in Oct 2007 isn't even on my wife's file.Why would that be? age of the debt to old perhaps??I had a feeling Lowell were getting the sd in last time just before it became statute barred and now they are trying again...any advice please

Then check the status of the debt when the first SD was issued and now it may well be statute barred by now.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

Then check the status of the debt when the first SD was issued and now it may well be statute barred by now.

does that mean a granted sd doesn't stop/reset an sb clock?

The original SD lapsed....no it does not reset the clock.

Too small please convert to pdf.

The service of a Statuary demand has no bearing on the statute of limitations....its not served from a Court unless its to enforce an earlier judgment for the same debt.

Im not sure what effect an IVA has.

Andy

Too small please convert to pdf.

The service of a Statuary demand has no bearing on the statute of limitations....its not served from a Court unless its to enforce an earlier judgment for the same debt.

Im not sure what effect an IVA has.

Andy

I have made it bigger Andy on the post above

Looks legit...what is in Part C?

I see you have already requested a copy of this agreement:-

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?274054-Lowell-Monument-CCA-request

From the last hearing what happened with the costs? Have they added them to this debt?

Well is it the same amount as requested in the first SD or £900 more?

http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/60324 :) If you can help gain 100,000 signatures :)

P.S. sorry, this was a reply to one of the first posts yet it placed itself here. The question was when will there be an end to these Stat Demands/Bankruptcy usage for smaller debts, as we know DCAs misuse, because they can get away with it....sign the above petition, it's a long haul and not an instant cure, but we need to stop these companies and their unpleasant ways, profiting from the poor and vulnerable in a lot of cases, people who's circumstances changed beyond their control! That DCAs can pay pennies and charge full amounts because a 1925 Law let's them, close the loophole. :)

Edited by storm01

Date of assignment November 2007. Assuming that the account was defaulted prior to that date and the assignment - then surely this account is now Statute barred ?

I notice the date on the Stat Demand is 10th January 2014 - when did they serve it on you ?

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Date of assignment November 2007. Assuming that the account was defaulted prior to that date and the assignment - then surely this account is now Statute barred ?

I notice the date on the Stat Demand is 10th January 2014 - when did they serve it on you ?

February 6th it was put thru the door