BW Legal.Statutory Demand

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3724 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Have you not previously made a request for a CCA from either the original creditor or Lowells ?

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We have no grounds to have the sd set aside and no real chance of having it satisfied due to my wife being on incapacity benefit.Has I said in an earlier comment if they do file for bankruptcy am I still "guilty by association" kind of thing even though the debt is not in my name.Also should I just let them go ahead and file for bankruptcy being has we are in neg equity and also already have a charging order on the house from a another debt.

No, any BR can only take into account your wifes portion of the property (assuming it is her debt) and it simply wouldnt be in their interest to do this if there is nothing for them to gain at the end of it..

haven't sent the email yet don't know where to send it to and the last payment was about 2 years ago I think to lowells.My wife paid them twice and then I came across this site and went down the cca road.At 1st they sent nothing and then months later sent all the cap 1 statements .She ignored them

Aha.. here you say, your wife did indeed send a CCA request - any chance she has retained a copy of the letter and the postal order receipt ?

You have 18 days to get the demand set aside, so a little time in hand to make a decision - by which time, 42man and others with more knowledge of Stat Demands will be around :)

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

CitizenB,the cca we sent was for a cap 1 cc that we knew lowells had purchased

Shoot, sorry, I just read Stat Demand served.. I guess I skimmed over the fact that the original creditor was different..

BCOBS

I dont know if the lack of NoA does qualify, others will however..

BCOBS

Dear Sir or Madam,

Ref BM/****

***** v Lowell Portfolio 1

I am in receipt of a statutory demand, served on me on 09/01/2013.

I am in the process of submitting the form 6.4 and 6.5 and intend to apply to set the demand aside.

I must advise that this account has been in dispute with the original lender, since they failed to comply with my legal s78 request.

I would also point out that the original lender has mis sold PPI on this account, which will be reclaimed/counterclaimed for.

The issuing of this demand is clearly contrary to the OFT guidance on debt recovery where there is a bona fide disputed debt and I would argue that the debt is not immediately due and payable.

It is clear that this matter is more suited to the County court as a Part 7 Claim rather than a bankruptcy matter. I assume that that you are aware of the ruling of Mr Justice Warren in Hammonds (a firm) v Pro-fit USA Ltd [2007] EWHC 1998(Ch) at Para 27 which confirmed that the Insolvency Court is not the place for disputed debts.

Given that I have sufficient grounds for challenge, I invite your client to withdraw the demand and pay any costs I might have accrued to date. Should your client refuse, I will seek to set aside the demand which will almost certainly incur costs of attending and I will seek to recover those costs

I trust that this matter can be dealt with amicably and without the need for further costs of attending the hearing to set aside the demand.

I look forward to hearing from you as a matter of urgency.

Yours faithfully

Just emailed this to bwlegal

"Given that I have sufficient grounds for challenge, I invite your client to withdraw the demand and pay any costs I might have accrued to date." - I think to be reasonable you should omit this at this stage.....but state that in the event that they do not withdraw, you will show this correspondence to the judge.

too late, seems already sent! (was also going to suggest an addon re requesting an undertaking)

Edited by Ford

Despite Lowells being unreasonable in most cases, then your letter is good and shows that you will not be bullied and that you have a bona fide dispute and that you have given them the chance to withdraw.....I would also give them 7 days to respond otherwise you will proceed to setting aside the demand and claim your full costs back.

you've already sent it, no worries. as 42man suggests could may as well wait a bit first see if they come back on it. could always do another email/letter later if required? but, keep in mind the 18 day deadline (from service) to apply to setaside if thats what you then decide to do?

Edited by Ford

• 2 weeks later...

they haven't replied to your comms, so no point phoning them, so would think just do the forms in time then?

Edited by Ford

You MUST keep an eye on your timing and submit your application on time. Do not let Lowell/BW dictate the speed at which they will respond to you. They cannot say they havent received your communication, given that it was emailed and posted .

BCOBS

For some unknown reason we have the urge to let them go for the bankruptcy.Reasons being the SD is in the wifes name she is on benefits due to long term illness and our home is about £20000 in negative equity,not to mention that there is also a charging order already on the house.We feel she has nothing to lose due to the house being in both of our names.Am I correct in thinking they cant do anything about the house?

up to you. eg, if there is no sd setaside (either by default or after application), they would have the auto option to petition. if sd was setaside, no option to petition currently.

Edited by Ford