Sign in to follow this  
Bubbl3

Welcome & ccj i didn't know about - need help disputing!

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2476 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I have buried my head from debt for years, time to take control and get it all sorted!

My first thread so hope its understood and in right place.

I'm really hoping someone can help I'm not sure what to do about my debt to welcome.

I took out loan for £3000, I was made redundant and fell behind, I don't remember what letters I recieved as was some years ago now but looking on my credit file today the account defaulted apr 2008, I moved house jun 2008 only a few streets away but I never informed welcome.

In 2010 I noticed money missing from my wages around £200, when I questioned it I was told it was an attachment of earnings order this is when I found out that welcome had got a ccj against me, dated jul 2008 and then got the aoe, I didn't know if I could do anything about this at the time and struggled through I can't remember exactly how many payments were made this way but I then was made redundant again and have heard nothing from court or welcome.

I have been working self employed for last few years but started new job employed in dec, Im earning enough to pay the bills and feed my family but left over each month will only be £5-£10 so cannot afford to get another attachment of earnings I want to sort this out before they wake up and do something themselves.

I went to the court and got a copy of the ccj and I nearly passed out its nearly double what I expected, this is first time ive seen anything to do with the ccj. Was given forms to apply for a variation to make a payment arrangement through court was told this was best way to make an offer as if welcome refuse judge will only order me to repay what I can afford even if only £1 a month

I wish to dispute the amount and believe there is PPI involved if I dispute the account will they then immediately try to enforce ccj once they recieve my letter or will they wait until dispute is sorted? Is it too late to change the amount on ccj?

Should I set up payment first? Then dispute or will be setting up payment be seen as me accepting the balance is correct?

Sign in to follow this