Hi all, first time user. Problems with a car dealer and warrantee.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4129 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I bought a used 53 Plate Peugeot 307 car for £3393 from a Peugeot Main Dealer seven months ago,

the salesman also sold me a 12 warranty for £250,

during this sales pitch he showed me a copy of an invoice from another customer who had had a major problem costing thousands, which was covered by the warrantee.

This I thought would be prudent in case of any major problems which may occur.

A few days ago the car made a loud banging noise, and no gears could be selected.

I contacted the dealer, and arranged for the AA to tow the car to them.

The dealer has contacted me, stating that the clutch failure has also caused damage to the gearbox,

and the total cost will be approx £2400.00.

However, the waranty will only cover £500.00.

Now I have read the paperwork, the schedule states that the claims limit is £3393 (written in bold on the front page),

but on page 3 it adds "you are covered up to the claims limit on the schedule (£3393), including a maximum of £500 per claim.

I'm absolutely gutted,

they are asking me to pay almost £2000,

the car has has covered less than 3000 miles since purchase, and has only 50,000 on the clock.

I think it would be reasonable to expect it to last longer than that, without such a catastrphic failure.

I feel that I have been mis-sold the warranty,

I would not have been happy if I had realised the claim value was only £500 per claim,

and would have asked for a better warranty, or purchased the car elseware.

The reason I went to the Main Dealer was to ensure I was getting a good car in good working order.

I would be extremely grateful for any advice,

regarding my rights on if the car was fit for the purpose intended,

and/or whether I have any rights about being mis-sold the warranty

Regards

Rob (a nurse who cannot afford to pay for the repairs):|

yes certainly reclaim that mis-sold warranty.

i'm sure you have a case under soga

or

even

http://www.adviceguide.org.uk/england/consumer_e/consumer1_cars_and_other_vehicles_e/cars_buying_a_secondhand_car_e.htm

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Everyone who buys a used car warranty should consider themselves ripped off. Those that are happy with their policy are the ones who don't make a claim during it's life or have a very low cost fault paid for.

Being shown the paperwork for another supposed claim paying out thousands was obviously to con you into buying this policy and could be classed as fraud. Can you prove you were shown this however, that is the things. If not, then maybe you have a close friend who could pay them a visit under the guise of buying and get all the details from this salesman on his mobile.

Then you will have a cast iron case to put to the manager of the dealership for them to pay for the repairs.

If you can do the above, once the repairs have been carried out, you can reclaim the premium. You might also find that if you went ahead with the repair, when it came to paying out, it is more than likely the warranty would have claimed wear and tear anyway and not paid anything towards it.

Edited by Conniff