• Tweets

• Agree it is not a modification that needs to be disclosed to Insurers as changing the seats has not changed the risk.  
    • Frpm David Frost and Robert Jenrick: 'Conservatives must show we respect the votes in 2016 and 2019 and not give the Opposition the chance to undo the benefits of leaving the EU'   Sweep away the Brexit gloom – or Labour will unravel a huge gain ARCHIVE.PH archived 22 Apr 2024 05:47:50 UTC  
    • Please please help we were miss sold full fibre by EE July 22  Install couldn’t go ahead no equipment sent and no. Survey it was hell  foind out no full fibre in road so we had to go back to cooper no choice we involved. Ceo and they put in a man from customer resolution s  he was vile he told me I had to go to engineers  something very odd about the ex resolution s in bt basically they took my drive up said they Would put ducting in ready for full fibre we have got £ 40 for a hours upon hours phones stress and more told to go to ombudsman  then bill was £35 we called twice told it was that price as they had treated us appalling two weeks later all sky package gets pulled we call again our bill goes to 165 the next two weeks was hell trying to get yo bottom why it’s off our package it was all on in the end I spent a day on the phone  341 mins was the call anyway I got to the bottom it was this resolution man coveting up the other issue another deadlock  to cover it all up  they hide data  ee did so couldn’t get the miss sell in writing I have now only from sept  Basically now we tried getting full fibre and they have found my drive had to be taken up again which has sunk .  The engineer has placed the wrong ducting again under my drive and need s to be taken to again apparently and the pipe sticks up middle of the drive near gate not behind look so odd it’s a big as a drain pipe open to water and it’s below touching the electrical cables to hot tub . I was sent a letter from the ex resolution to say I had stopped the work  I haven’t  it’s so sadistic she covering up for her mate in that team as the orginal install he didn’t check it had been done correctly  I took to Twitter and posted on open reach they ignored me then after 3 calls of two weeks they sent a engineer bt ignored me ceo emails blocked tag on Twitter unanswered then we get someone from twitter send a engineer he written report to say it’s dangerous since we have  had a  letter to say our problem can not be resolved  then a email to say sorry we are leaving and we can’t get into our account Bt will not talk to us ofcom tells us nothing they can do Citzens advice said go to the police  we can’t go back to virgin due so mass issue with them only option is sky  but point is they make out we have canceled we haven’t we have this mess on our drive dangeous work we are in hell  it’s like she covering up for this collegue it’s all very odd I am disabled and they like played mentaly with me open reach say bt resolved the issue no they have not  I recon they have terminated us making our we have  to hide it from mgt  Help it’s hell I don’t sleep we have 29 may we have tried  calling they just ignore me  at first they are so lovely as they say I am then they go to nnamager and say we can’t say anything to you end call  Scared police are rubbish I need help even typing is so painfull  Thankyou  anyone hello be so grateful     
    • There's a thread somewhere about someone sending the baillifs against Wizzair that is quite hilarious. I would love to see someone do the same to Ryanair. Question is, should you be the one to take that role. You are entitled to the £220, if your flight was from the UK. If it was TO the UK I suppose it is more of a grey area... though the airlines I know have been using £220 as standard. Not that surprising for Ryanair, the worst cheapskates in the universe, to go for the lower amount, and if you forward this to the CEO he will probably have a jolly good laugh and give his accountants a verbal bonus. After all he's the one who said and I paraphrase "F*** our customers, they'll fly with us again anyway". While we would all love to see Ryanair get wooped in court again, I have to join my fellow posters in thinking it's not worth the hassle for (hypothetically) £7 and not sure it will expedite the payment either. It's already an achievement that you got them to accept to pay.
    • The US competition watchdog has taken legal action to stop Tapestry's $8.5bn takeover of rival Capri.View the full article
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Is there any point in trying to stop a charging order?

duck1967
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4122 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have been reading the messages on the charging orders.

I have a very similiar case against BMW Finance.

I was leasing the cars from them for more than 18 years because my company was paying for it

but when i was made redundant and because my company is US based and the car in my name, i have been made to pay the lease cost.

I have tried to explain the situation to BMW and offered half the payment only until I get another job

but they have refused so I had no choice but to offer them to repossess the car.

I asked to come and take it and they left for 6 weeks

then one morning, i had these 4 big skin headed guys breaking my house door down at 07:00 AM while my kids and family were still sleeping,

they terrorised all of us but my solicitor told me that there is nothing we can do.

The car that I bought was worth £32K with interest over 48 months £48K.

I paid £39K in 18 months when contract was terminated and was making £47 a month which was agreed by my debt management company

but BMW hired this expensive lawyer firm and the hearing was done in Birmingham, 2 hours away from my house.

I asked for it to be reinstated to the area where I live but my solicitor told me that the judge had rejected it.

I was late arriving to the court and I informed the court that because I have never been to the area,

i was lost and was going to be late

but before I managed to show up, the judge had already passed a judgement and they managed to put a debt around my neck of £26,000 on the top of the £39,000

while the car was worth only £32,000 and the loan never went the whole 48 months.

Apparently, it is written on the contract but as you know, because we used to change cars every three months

and we were never given a chance to read these contracts and small prints properly we did not know.

Now BMW has hired yet another lawyer firm and they are going for a charging order against me.

They want to secure the debt against my house and my solicitor is telling there is nothing we can do.

This guy has always been telling me this.

he always stated that there is nothing we can do,

he has always been negatif and even if I am paying him he has refused to defend me.

I want toask you if you can recommend a firm that I can contact someone who can defend my case.

I have asked for the hearing again to change to my local town and my solicitor again is telling that it will be rejected and I do not know what the reason is.

I want to fight the £26K and the judge decision because I was never given given a chance to present my proof and was never allowed to defend myself.

i also want to stop this charging order.

This debt is not legal in my mind because they are claiming money for a service that they never rendered.

The full interest is suppose to be for a loan of 48 months but since it lasted only 18 months then they should only get interest for that period.

I thought this will be the case because in the past when we change the car before the three year period, the extra interest was refunded.

I understand that the case is different now because we defaulted on the loan but we have no choice, i was made redundant and am not capable of paying.

I am working as a consultant to keep away from doll queues and to keep a roof over my family head until I manage to get a new job

meanwhile BMW wants to make this unsecure debt a secure one on my property.

I have also other debtors that I am paying through a debt management company,

HSBC mortgage and

HSBC business barclays and

MBNA, the usual suspects.

i owe HSBC more than I owe BMW.

Can you please advise me what to do?

can I ask and insist that the hearing takes place in my local area?

Can I stop this Charging order on my house?

would you recommend a solicitor that I could contact?

Can I do this through legal aid?

please help me with whatever.

I thank you in advance,

hi duck

i've created your own thread

tell us about these bailiffs...were they ?

me thinks they were repro guys with no powers at all?

hadit already been to court by this time

its a long story to take in.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

You need to find a new solicitor. There is a database on the law society website.

When was the judgment passed? Did your solicitor attend the hearing - was this a judgment in default?

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Hi Dx100uk,

these were not baillifs, they were people BMW send to collect their cars.

what upset me was that there was no need for what they did and and the terror they caused because the car was parked and waiting for them for collection.

after I told them to collect the car, i bought a small £600 car and stopped using that car.

This could have been very messy if i did not have the kids in the house.

they were 4 big skin heads but i am also 320LB and can handle myself pretty well

but the kids and family were soi scared i did not want to cause any more panic.

BMW charged me £386 for this service, i was fuming but before i amanged to get to court, they got this Court order for £26k on me.

I want to:

1- Contest this judgement and have it relooked at by a judge in my area.

They are currently asking me to go to Birmingham which is 2 1/2 hours away from me and this is where they managed their dirty work the first time.

2- Claim compensation and get BMW for what they did to me and my family to make sure that it does not happen to someone else.

3- Stop them from securing what they call a debt on my property.

4- get their charging order rejected.

Please let me know what can be done and who i van turn to for help. I am not satisfied with existing solicitor and need someone who really going to fight my corner.

Thanks for all the help,

Hi steampowered,

thanks for responding to this.

would you recommend anyone? which speciality solicitor shall look for?

Judgement passed a couple of months ago?

solicitor did not attend, he sent this lady who just took notes,

she never once tried to argue or fight the case or explain to the judge what the real situation is or presented any arguments, she just sat there and took notes.

I did default but this was because I was made redundant and could not afford the £688 a month that my company was paying.

I offered them half payment just for 6 months to a year until i get back to work but they refused.

I put them in touch with debt management company and I was paying them £47, despite this they took the matter to court.

The total paid is £39K while the list price of the car is only £32K.

contract lasted 18 months,

it suppose to be for 48 months,

BMW is claiming interest on the rest even if they have not given me the service of lending me the money for the full period

because it is noted in very writing in the contract apparently.

i have never seen because I was never given a chance to properly read this contract or take to a solicitor firm to proof it before signature.

you are excited to buy a new car, you are presented with a 30 page document and asked to sign on a dotted line and this is how they get you and because they have money,

they will get very specialized, very expensive solicitor firm and let them loose on you.

This is the third firm that I am having to deal with.

I want to overturn the judgement, i want to make sure that they do not get the charging order and secure the debt on my property.

Thanks for your help.

I don't know any suitable solicitors outside London, sorry. I don't think you actually said where you are living? Perhaps someone else might be able to recommend something (or you should be able to find something online). You need a solicitor that handles civil litigation and bankruptcy. Direct access to a barrister might be an option if you know what application you want to make.

I'm quite surprised the solicitor didn't send anyone to represent you. This is normally what you pay a solicitor to do. It seems there was a breakdown in communication here. Do you know if the solicitor was on the court record as acting for you? What does the order say - does it just state "On hearing counsel for the Claimant" or does it state that you were heard?

You say that you were never given a chance to properly read the contract. Is this actually true? What were the circumstances? I don't understand because surely there was no urgent need for you to have a luxury BMW, could you not have refused to sign until you read the contract?

Also, I'm not sure I understand the figures. Do I understand correctly: (1) Car was bought for £32k; (2) total contract price was £48k including interest; (3) you paid £39k. By my reckoning you should have had 9k left, and surely the value of the car would cover this. Where does the £26k debt come from - I assume legal costs? Please clearly break down the numbers for us?

It is very difficult to advise on what to do without dates. Please tell us when was the claim filed, when was the judgment granted and when BMW started taking steps to secure a charging order (have you received any court documents about this or just letters?). The dates are very important. I think your best shot might be to apply to overturn the original default judgment, but only if there are some genuine grounds to contest the debt, and we need more information to assess this. Applications to overturn a default judgment must be made promptly within the meaning of the Civil Procedure Rules hence why we need dates.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

these were not baillifs, they were people BMW send to collect their cars.

then you need to be going to the POLICE

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hello there.

CAG doesn't recommend solicitors I'm afraid. As steampowered said, you can go onto the Law Society website to find a lawyer, tell the search facility where you live and what speciality you're looking for and the database will tell you about possible practitioners.

My best, HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

Thank you for your reply. Solicitor in London will be fine. Thanks.

I am in aylesbury, Buckinghampshire, the hearing was in Birmingham,

I asked for it to be changed to Aylesbury but the solicitor told me that the judge had rejected it.

i knew that I was not going to get a fair trial in Birmingham because BMW deals with more than 5 solicitor firms

and they are all in Birmingham, they also know all the judges there.

The application that I want to make is to contest the judgement that the previous judge has passed on me and to get to look at real figures and cost.

I do not know if the solicitor is on the court record, he sent a lady with me who just stayed there and took notes. where can I find this information.

They did not hear me, by the time I arrived they already passed the judgement.

Yes, it is true.

They never ever give time to properly read the contract and you are not allowed to say that you would like to take the contract home to proof it by a solicitor.

The contract was done by specialist cars tring who are the dealer of BMW and not BMW themselves but it was done on BMW name.

you go there, they put the TV on, give you coffee, five stars treatments until you sign.

in the end you hare presented with a huge document to sign in many places,

many times you do not know what you are signing for because you are never given all the details.

also when I changed the car before the three years,

they always refunded the interest but when I defaulted, even if the contract lasted only 18 months,

they are still claiming interest for the full 60 months not 48months. Sorry

Yes, correct.

In the begining, BMW were claiming £9k then 12K then 21K and after the court £26K.

I have no idea how this was calculated, where can I get you this information from?

I have found the documents now.

The judgement was granted on the 11th April 2012 for £26114.27.,

BMW started steps in December and the hearing is on the 24th january I can fax you all the documents if you can give a fax number

or an address where i can send them.

According to my solicitor, an interim charging order has been made which will might lead to an order,

this is what I am trying to stop. the hearing for this is on the 24th January in Birmingham.

I would like to set aside the judgment upon my non attendance.

I rang the Court and spoke with Counsel to advise them that I was on my way and indeed was in Birmingham trying to find the location of the Court

and tried to get there as quickly as i could.

The case was set for 3.15 p.m. and of course was there at 2.30 p.m. just to find the place and park took longer because prior to this visit i had never been to Birmingham.

The lady that was with there taking note was a barrister according to my solicitor she made it clear to the District Judge that I was close to the Court.

I am advised that the Judge did put the matter back to give me more time but the matter was then called back on and the District Judge was minded to proceed with the case.

I arrived when the judgement was passed and did not get a chance to say a word and neither did my barrister.

Nothing was mentioned, the fact that I was already paying £48, the fact that I offered half payment,

the fact that I already paid £39K for a car that worth £32K, the way BMW treated me and my family,

the charges imposed on me and the fact that until I work I will not be able to pay anyway.

Now they are after my home and I want to stop, i have other debtors as well.

Thanks for your help, let me know if I can send the documents somewhere.

It is automatic once an AQ has been submitted,all defendant hearings happen in their own local C Court) so there is nothing for the DJ to reject.Because you was represented an AQ would be sent to your Sol on his request.....he did request it and submit it????

Regards

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

According to my solicitor, I had to go to Birmingham because the judge has rejected the request to change where the hearing takes place. Now we have the second hearing, he is telling me that I have to go to Birmingham again and am saying he needs to change it.

He told me that he requested it but was refused.

Not referring to the Charging Order process hearings...when you submitted your defence? You cant stop a Charging Order but you can challenge a judgment for which it relies upon.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

This was the first time before the charging order. When he mentioned to me that it was in Birmingham I asked him to change it to Aylesbury where I live but he came back to me that he asked the judge and it was rejected, not sure why? is this at all possible or have I been misinformed?

Was a defence ever submitted? Who submitted it? Who completed the AQ (Allocation Questionnaire) The AQ is what transferes and determines where the hearing will be held.

Following

CAG has helped me so much since I joined. Based on what I have learnt from others on here and my own experiences, I try to chip in and help others from time to time. I am not an expert and give my opinion only. Always check with the more experienced CAG members before making important decisions.

:-)

BMW are the Claimant why would they provide legal service for you?:???: Was the Summons (N1) in your name as defendant and are you a LiP?

They are claiming money i do not owe them. i am not asking them to provide anything for me. The car I bought from them was list at £32,000, I paid £39,000 and now they want to take my house and through me and my kids in the street even though I was faithful to the brand and for more than 15 years I bought their cars.

The summons was in my name, not sure what you mean by LiP.

Thanks for your help.

LiP (Litigant in Person) but you used a solicitor to represent you.Who drafted the defence who submitted it who filled the AQ. Forget charging orders for now...we have to go back to the very beginning and find out how this " solicitor " of yours conducted the response and what happened up until judgment was awarded.

Probably all done by the solicitor. what I don't understand is that the solicitor himself is in Aylesbury, i.e local to me, why do we need to go to Birmingham?[/QUOTE]

Thats what I am trying to establish from above.

From your solicitor ask for all you file...start to present.