Regional chair for the employment tribunal/ appeals tribunal

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4089 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

well it'll depend which region, won't it...

By my last count you are at about 8 threads on the same topic.

Never assume anyone on the internet is who they say they are. Only rely on advice from insured professionals you have paid for!

BB, Emmzzi has a point. If the advisers are finding it hard to get to grips with all your threads, it would be better to amalgamate them. Otherwise it's possible that you will receive less advice.

Do other advisers feel the same please?

My best, HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

apologies,

If you would be kind enough HB to link this to my oral hearing 3(10) thread I would be most grateful

Regards

BB

Hello again. You can post a link yourself if you copy and paste. Or do you want the threads merged?

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

From the Government Judiciary webiste:

The Lord Chief Justice has announced, following consultation with the Lord Chancellor and the agreement of the Lord President, the appointment of Mr Justice Langstaff as the President of the Employment Appeal Tribunal with effect from 1 January 2012. The appointment is for a period of three years.

He succeeds Mr Justice Underhill whose term of office comes to an end on 31 December 2011.

Ends

Notes to Editors:

Mr Justice (Sir Brian Frederick James) Langstaff was called to the Bar (Middle Temple) in 1971. He was appointed an Assistant Recorder in 1991 and a QC in 1994. He was appointed a Recorder in 1995 and a Judge of the Employment Appeal Tribunal in 2000. In 2005 he was appointed a High Court Judge in the Queen’s Bench Division. He is also chair of the Tribunals Committee of the Judicial College.

------------

As for Regional Chair of the Employment Tribunal, this information is not generally made public because of stalking and security issues. To find out the regional chair at your office, I would recommend ringing up the tribunal services regional officer or deputy and request the name of this person.

They will not get involved in lower order issues or admin problems. They will not interfere in ongoing cases.

Hi Pus,

many thanks for this. This is great! I had an idea the judges wont get involved with ongoing cases but I thought it wouldn't harm to copy them in on one important letter, who knows it might just help?

Regarding your last paragraph I now have a strange mental image of the judge sitting down to dinner with his wife when a deranged claimant barges through the front door, terminator style. Don't know why but I found this funny.

Best regards

BB

A court is not like a department store, where you write a letter of complaint to the CEO. Don't waste your time "writing to the top". Find out from your local Employment Tribunal what the correct complaints procedure is. If the Respondent have acted wrongfully make a proper application to the Judge to have a PHR to discuss it with a view to a strike out.

I understand your case is over and you are in appeal. Bring it to the EAT's attention. Chief Justice Langstaff won't read your letter. His staff will send you a very short reply.

• 2 weeks later...
A court is not like a department store, where you write a letter of complaint to the CEO. Don't waste your time "writing to the top". Find out from your local Employment Tribunal what the correct complaints procedure is. If the Respondent have acted wrongfully make a proper application to the Judge to have a PHR to discuss it with a view to a strike out.

I understand your case is over and you are in appeal. Bring it to the EAT's attention. Chief Justice Langstaff won't read your letter. His staff will send you a very short reply.

Hi Pus,

can In request a PHR as you state even though I am at appeal stage?

Regards

BB

Paragraph 4.1 for the EAT Practice Directions explains that "Interim applications should be made in writing (no particular form required) and will be initially referred to the Registrar who after considering the papers may deal with the case or refer it to a judge. The judge may dispose of it himself or refer it to a full EAT hearing. Parties are encouraged to make any such applications at a Preliminary Hearing PH or an Appointment for Directions if one is ordered. Ends.