Lena Bumble-Bug

Very & NDR ~ advice needed please.

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2450 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hello everyone,

I'm new to the forum & I actually thought I'd created a post a few days ago but I cannot find it anywhere.

I am trying to help my Aunt with a debt that she has with Very which has now being passed onto NDR although she hasn't yet received any letters from NDR.

My Aunt owes £5637.52 & up until July last year she was making regular monthly minimum payments then she lost her job. She contacted Very as soon as she realised she would no longer be able to afford to make the minimum payment. Very ask her to make an immediate payment of £100 (as she was a day or so late with her payment at that point, she paid the £100 and they charged her a late payment fee and an insufficient minimum payment fee) and they arranged a payment plan with her of £266.42 per month. My Aunt said that she felt pressurised into agreeing to the payment plan by the advisor even though she knew she couldn't really afford it but she was so worried at that point (I have no idea what they actually said on the phone) she agreed to the payment plan and actually made two payments using her credit card.

She then called Very again to explain that she couldn't afford the £266.42 per month and offered them £60 which they refused.

She last made a payment in September and has been getting lots of letters from Very regarding her account which she has kept to herself until the 31st of December when she received a letter from Very's Arrears Collection Department entitled 'pre-escalation notice'. The letter states that her account is in arrears of £1096.23 (she owes £5637.52) and that the account is been passed to NDR.

She is now a nervous-wreck and is making herself sick with worry as she has no way of re-paying the debt at present so I'm trying to help her but I'm unsure of where to start.

I haven't called Very or NDR as most of the advice on here states to only converse with them in writing.

Should I send a CCA & if so should I send it to Very or NDR? My Aunts account was taken out in 2006 and I've managed to download her past statements from her online Very account.

Looking at the statements my Aunt has been charged numerous late payment fees and debt collection letter fees, can these be claimed back?

I'd really appreciate any advice you can offer with the next steps to take.

Thank you :-)

hi i am having the same problem i was put on a temp payment plan a year ago when i lost my job £32 a month in that time my farther became very ill and i am now his full time carer i recieved a letter on xmas eve stating that my payment plan is now finished and i owe them £2500 in arrears if i was you i would just send a letter stating what you can afford each month dont send a income expenditure sheet they have no legal right to see that and if they say that is not enough send it again the worse that can happen is it goes to court you end up paying half of what you say you can pay now and all interest and charges stop. Dont forget debt collectors are toothless hounds they cant do anything to you but pester and if they do that report them as they cant legally ask you to pay more than you can afford....

tell your aunt not to worry and get writting those letters :)

Hello everyone,

I'm new to the forum & I actually thought I'd created a post a few days ago but I cannot find it anywhere.

I am trying to help my Aunt with a debt that she has with Very which has now being passed onto NDR although she hasn't yet received any letters from NDR.

My Aunt owes £5637.52 & up until July last year she was making regular monthly minimum payments then she lost her job. She contacted Very as soon as she realised she would no longer be able to afford to make the minimum payment. Very ask her to make an immediate payment of £100 (as she was a day or so late with her payment at that point, she paid the £100 and they charged her a late payment fee and an insufficient minimum payment fee) and they arranged a payment plan with her of £266.42 per month. My Aunt said that she felt pressurised into agreeing to the payment plan by the advisor even though she knew she couldn't really afford it but she was so worried at that point (I have no idea what they actually said on the phone) she agreed to the payment plan and actually made two payments using her credit card.

She then called Very again to explain that she couldn't afford the £266.42 per month and offered them £60 which they refused.

She last made a payment in September and has been getting lots of letters from Very regarding her account which she has kept to herself until the 31st of December when she received a letter from Very's Arrears Collection Department entitled 'pre-escalation notice'. The letter states that her account is in arrears of £1096.23 (she owes £5637.52) and that the account is been passed to NDR.

She is now a nervous-wreck and is making herself sick with worry as she has no way of re-paying the debt at present so I'm trying to help her but I'm unsure of where to start.

I haven't called Very or NDR as most of the advice on here states to only converse with them in writing.

Should I send a CCA & if so should I send it to Very or NDR? My Aunts account was taken out in 2006 and I've managed to download her past statements from her online Very account.

Looking at the statements my Aunt has been charged numerous late payment fees and debt collection letter fees, can these be claimed back?

I'd really appreciate any advice you can offer with the next steps to take.

Thank you :-)

SAR Very, Tell them to include a copy of the original signed credit agreement and details of all charges on the account.

hi i am having the same problem i was put on a temp payment plan a year ago when i lost my job £32 a month in that time my farther became very ill and i am now his full time carer i recieved a letter on xmas eve stating that my payment plan is now finished and i owe them £2500 in arrears if i was you i would just send a letter stating what you can afford each month dont send a income expenditure sheet they have no legal right to see that and if they say that is not enough send it again the worse that can happen is it goes to court you end up paying half of what you say you can pay now and all interest and charges stop. Dont forget debt collectors are toothless hounds they cant do anything to you but pester and if they do that report them as they cant legally ask you to pay more than you can afford....

tell your aunt not to worry and get writting those letters :)

Any unlawful charges here? Again SAR them requesting a copy of the original signed crefit agreement and any charges will be well worth the tenner :)

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar

Thank you for the advice :-)

Since my last post my Aunt has received two letters one from Very ( a statement stating the miminum payment required and notification of charges for late payment). The other letter was from NDR entitled 'notification of instruction to proceed'

The letter from NDR informs my Aunt that she has three options:

1. Do nothing and have the debt registered as a default on the Credit Reference Bureau

2. Pay the arrears in full within 7 days (a total sum of £1382.38) they state that if these arrears are paid in full they will review all default charges and interest applied to the account

3. Make an offer of repayment by calling them within seven days

It doesn't state what will happen next if my Aunt fails to do any of the three options...does anyone know what is most likely to happen next?

I have sent the CCA to Very as advised...should I inform NDR of this or not?

Mainly my Aunt is worried that someone from NDR will tun up at her house and demand money or take items away whilst we're waiting for a reply to the letters.

dca can not come to your house and take items away only baliffs can do that that is after it has gone to court and you have missed payments so tell your aunt not to worry and tell very what you can afford not what they say u have to pay...

• Confused 1

A quick update regarding the situation with Very and NDR.

I sent a CCA request for my aunt's account and Very state that the account was opened on 29/03/2007 & they sent my aunt the following:

1. A reconstituted copy of my aunt's credit agreement

2. A copy of my aunt's current credit agreement

One credit agreement is dated 19/10/2006 (even though my aunt's account was taken out on 29/03/2007). My aunt's name and address are on the agreement but no signature. Am I correct in thinking that this is the reconstituted credit agreement?

The second credit agreement is not dated & it doesn't have my aunt's name, address or signature. IN addition to this the credit limit is not stated nor is the interest rate it just says 'credit limit:' followed by a blank space.

My aunt has received a further letter from NDR which states that Very is about to issue a Statutory Default Notice within 14 days unless arrears of £1703.10 are paid (there is no way my aunt can afford this) but they do state that they are willing to discuss a reasonable payment proposal.

Should my aunt call them and make an offer of payment at this point? I don't think they'll accept it as she's offered them money before and they've declined it saying that what she offered was too low.

In addition to this my aunt has a credit card which is near its limit but she is able to pay the minimum monthly payments of £9. My question is if Very issue this default and will not accept my aunt's offer of payment could the credit card company demand that she clears her credit card balance off in full?

Thank you so much for all of your advice so far it's been great & thank you in advance for any advice you can offer regarding the current situation.