oh dear - disciplinary hearing

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4123 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have had a disciplinary hearing letter from the company i work for, relates to an incident on 14th December where i shouted at my boss and threw some cutlery on the floor in the heat of the moment.

The letter is dated yesterday

my boss has seen me loads of times since and never mentioned what i did i thought shed just let it go.......... At the time i text & apologiesd for what i did and said it wouldn't happen again. She did not make any comment in reply.

I've only been working 2 months for this company.

Over xmas i didn't turn up for work one morning (hangover) I know that this is really bad, i got in eventually and stayed late to make up for it. I hoped they would see that it was christmas and that id made it up.

I then receive a letter yesterday titled "disciplinary meeting" with my line manager and the hr manager and they have invited me to bring a representative with me. The letter states the date 14th Dec when the incident happened and 30th Dec when I was late.

What I would like to know is:

Does this sound like a dismissal meeting?

Are they allowed to bring something up that happened well over 3 weeks ago that I've had no other communication about?

Why did they send it recorded delivery?

What is the purpose of me brining a representative?

1. sounds like it to me

2. yes.

3. so there is a legal audit trail of them following the proper procedure

4. to follow the proper legal procedure and cover their backside

I'm sorry - I could have forgiven a bit of shouting in the heat of the moment but a hangover illness during probation is just stupid. I'd work on a grovelling apology and see if it gets you anywhere, I can't see anything else working.

To be noted: you should be paid your notice period and nay outstanding holiday pay.

Never assume anyone on the internet is who they say they are. Only rely on advice from insured professionals you have paid for!

No I totally understand I've been a bit rubbish really. I have no excuse.

I am not on a probation period though i don't think. they said they would give me a contract after 3 months but i have nothing in writing about a probation. Is that normal?

hmm. If you are not on a normal contract, then what arrangement do you have with them? What do you have in writing?

Never assume anyone on the internet is who they say they are. Only rely on advice from insured professionals you have paid for!

hmm. If you are not on a normal contract, then what arrangement do you have with them? What do you have in writing?

Nothing really just a letter saying thanks for verbally accepting the position as xxxx you will start on xxx Weill forward to seeing you then

I'd have a google of "statutory notice period"then so you know what you are entitled to.

Probably best to grovel and hope. Regardless of having a contract or not, the first two years are effectively a probationary period as they can let you go for almost any reason without following a procedure.

I hope you learn from the experience, though!

I hope you learn from the experience, though!

Thank u, getting really nervous now. I do like the job and I know I'm good I just hope that I can make them see that I am sorry. I will let all know how it goes