style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2476 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

In May 2005 I bought a recently renovated farmhouse. The Building Warranty had been signed off by the council to say all work carried out was completed and correct. Fast forward to Dec 2012, due to flooding my septic tank started rising from the ground. The guy who came out to fix it, immediately noticed the tank had not been set in concrete, which was the reason it had risen. So basically the builder had not completed the work to the specifications required by the septic tank company. This then null and void any claim on my building/home insurance. The building company went bust a few years back, so can't sue him BUT would I have a claim against the Council since they signed the work off!!

The septic tank basically needs lifted out the ground, refitted and the concrete surround completed this time. This is going to run into a couple of thousand pounds.

Any advice would be appreciated.